Winny for sale .... Lesley?

Any items that you wish to sell or otherwise rid yourself of can be placed in here.
Noggins

Re: Winny for sale .... Lesley?

Post by Noggins »

Dot wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:44 pm "What's the difference between a couple of inches" :?: :lol: :lol:
Said the sailor to the Lady of the night.
She replied, 3 knots
3 KNOTS ? !
Not big enough
Not in
and
Not getting yer money back.

So a coupla inches can make a difference.

Sorry for the bad humour ................................................................................ :roll:
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Dot wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:44 pm What's the difference between a couple of inches :?: :lol: :lol:
Depends. Width or length?
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
DerekBullock

Post by DerekBullock »

We love our white breadbox as well. With the bullbar it is 8.2 metres with a GVM of 4495kg so can drive it on a car license.

With the little car and trailer on the back she is a dream to drive.

Had it two and a half years now although only been towing the trailer with the car a year
E8BA8D7E-F459-4BCA-AC23-F7E944E96BFA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Interestingly, the Bedford is 9 meters and a GVM of 9000 kg.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

DerekBullock wrote:We love our white breadbox as well. With the bullbar it is 8.2 metres with a GVM of 4495kg so can drive it on a car license.

With the little car and trailer on the back she is a dream to drive.

Had it two and a half years now although only been towing the trailer with the car a year
E8BA8D7E-F459-4BCA-AC23-F7E944E96BFA.jpeg
Hi Derek

What model Suzuki is that and could it be flat towed? We don’t plan to tow a vehicle to start with but circumstances may change our minds.

Which dealer did you buy the Jayco from and have you had a good experience with them? We are considering a Conquest on an Iveco base with the upgraded GVM.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
DerekBullock

Post by DerekBullock »

Hi Lesley

It is a Suzuki Ignis and yes it can be flat towed with a manual transmission. There have been a number of them popping up on social media in the last 12 months. It has a tare weight of 820 kg so nice and light.

Mine is an automatic because I am a lazy driver. Hence the Tilta Trailer.

We initially bought it as our run around car when we sold the Landcruiser and had no intention of towing it however after having the motorhome for 12 months and seeing and talking to others who take a car with them we bought the trailer.

We bought the Jayco Conquest from Watsons at Coffs Harbour. In two and a half years have never had an issue with it other than just minor things that I have dealt with myself. In fact it has never been back to Jayco once in the time I have had it.

I did upgrade the electrics with additional battery, solar, DC2DC Charger and Mains Charger but did that work myself. I am convinced that Jayco have no concept of what is needed for off grid camping.

I get the Fiat part of it serviced by East Coast Commercials at Acacia Ridge here in Qld. They are a Fiat Professional. Apart from the regular service never had an issue with the Fiat either.

Cheers
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Thanks for that info Derek.
Cheers
Lesley
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Swisslulu wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 pm That’s about it in a nutshell Dave. We don’t have the smarts to deal with an older vehicle and its foibles. It would cost us more in the long run to pay someone else to troubleshoot the issues. That doesn’t mean we can’t find a MH that fits our criteria. Vik’s Esperance would be ideal but we just don’t like the layout.
My mongrel thing is 8 meters too long anyway... :lol:

vik... :roll:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

It’s a shame VIK. It would be a great buy but the drop down bed is the killer for us.
Cheers
Lesley
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Swisslulu wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:48 pm It’s a shame VIK. It would be a great buy but the drop down bed is the killer for us.
Yea, I dont like the drop down bed in this set up, North south would be the go so ya dont have to crawl over each other with the east west set up, but the space saving is good.

Liked the Explorer, then the same mob brought out the Pathfinder https://www.explorermotorhomes.com.au/pathfinder/

But then I came across the T rex which I like better, has the dropper bed as well as the Luton bed, one step up, so ya can use both beds any time and still have the space saving

https://www.sunliner.com.au/motorhomes/trex

but still stuck with the luxo barge, :lol:

It can sit there and rot, got a new toy now, just me and Mitzi and off we go

vik... :lol:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)