Rv Bits...

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Rv Bits...

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:That reminded me of when we were looking through a MH with a mascerator loo, the man said they had had trouble with it and the chopper thingy was playing up so they couldn't put the paper down the loo. I stupidly asked what did they do and when he told me they put the pooped paper into the plastic bag provided that ended any thoughts of one of those loos, may as well go dig a hole.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Think he must have had a dud bog or something, they don't have the loo paper problems the vacuum loos have with it getting stuck in the slid etc. The paper and other products are chopped up so fine the Aldi Nappy San stuff reduces it all to water, a ceramic bowl for easy cleaning, a water seal every flush so a perfect vapour seal and no restriction on tank size. It can even be used while the tank is being emptied, not advisable with a vacuum loo :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

What is the "slid"?? Our loo has a ceramic bowl and there is no size restriction on tank size either if you want to go that way, we chose cassettes over a huge sewerage pond to cart around. I think thier chopper thing must have been back to front or blunt OR Chuck may have visited :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

BruceS wrote:Norman I'm not sure of how much room you have or how you're fitting it out but I have a nice small. almost new microwave for you in you want it?
Was told to 'dump' it but I hid it in my shed!!
No remote with it & it doesn't work on live sheep...... (lamb would fit!)
Not having a microwave Bruce thank you kindly.Not even sure we will have 240v or not. If we do It,ll only be 1 powerpoint.....
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Gee Norman I could have given you a 2 element 240v stove. I took it out off mine and wish I had not but I cut another hole for a gas one and then could not get a fitter to do the instal so took it out again and filled the hole and now use an induction stove instead. You might be able to use the two burner gas one. Never been used still has the plastic cap on it.

If I was near Dot I could leave a container of bits (ask Terry). Led lights,cable, pipe fittings, all sorts of stuff and tools to build another city.

Slowly getting rid of it. Disposed of porti pottie washing machine, lots of containers (will need them later) etc etc.

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Offer is a week too late Brian.
Our visitors last week came over from your area.
I'm confused though? You said a 2 element ELECTRIC stove but then indicated it is gas?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

2 seperate stove tops Bruce. I couldn't convince him the electric one would be fine on the batteries and inverter, still had lead acid battery desease of the mind I think :lol: So he bought a brand new LPG stove top, cut the hole bigger to fit it but it never got connected up. After the sucess with the water heater element on the inverter burning off the excess solar he bought an induction cook top just to see how far he could push the limits... the bus now has had all the LPG stuff removed so the LPG cook top is brand new, never been used 8-) Still not sure whether I should have grabbed the electric cook top and put it in the Mazda but as there is already an LPG 2 burner one in there fitted up etc the lazy bit of me said no :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck nothing away is my motto, never know when it might come in handy....
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Terry just on the loo thingy, I bought the same as you from Whitworths just a few days before they went on 1/2 price specials, of course, normal situation here. I was following your conversion of the masserator / extension as I didn't want to pull the thing if something went wrong, also saw the 90 degree bend in the outlet as being a problem. My dunny sits above the fuel tank so limited room but doable. The part I missed when the old CMHC forum went down was the bit about the impeller . modification....I think. Can you elaborate on this one again if you wouldn't mind.

Dirk
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

If you don't want to flush the toilet with the used shower water then you need either:

(1) A pressure pump and a momentary on switch/button to start the water pump from the fresh tank
or
(2) A 12v solenoid water valve and a momentary switch/button if your water system is permanently pressurised.
This is so you can do that sqirt of water before you turn the mix master on and another squirt as you see it sail away :lol: then a final sqirt without the mix master running to put a water seal in the bottom of the bowl. The other mod that goes with this is to cut most of the rubber impeller blade off the secondary pump mounted behind the mix master chopper blades (you will see what I mean when you unbolt the pump). By cutting the rubber blades short the water can squirt through without the mix master motor running and it's heaps quieter. I cut the 90 deg outlet pipe in half and fitted the neck bit inside the larger collared bit the screw on to the pump and glued it in place with plumbers glue. It's hasn't been connected up yet so I'm not sure that was a winner or not, could be nasty if the end blowes out while the mix master is in action :evil:

We saw the Toilets go on special at Whitworths too and realised it was a Whitworth unit anyway so intialy we were a bit pee'd off but after further checking it wasn't the luxury fully enclosed ceramic bowl unit that was on special so we didn't feel so bad. The 12v solenoid valve is an expensive unit, we have it now and not sure that the secondary pump might have been a better idea, we won't really know till we see if we will have the main pump running full time or on a switch. Might even do the shower water flush and a squirt of fresh water after .... too many possibilities.

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry, may I suggest you get Chuck to do the initial test drop :lol: