Rv Bits...

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
Kelvin12

Re: Rv Bits...

Post by Kelvin12 »

Thanks Terry, modifications sound reasonable enough.

Dirk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Please let us all know which method you decide on and how sucessful you think it was. What type of crapper is becoming a major issue when building a conversion or updating an existing rig, each type having it's pro's and cons but if you want to freedom camp they are really a must have item, just too many people on the road now for the shovel method.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Do what lots of "people" do, sling it :lol: :roll: But not on here we don't ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote:Terry, may I suggest you get Chuck to do the initial test drop :lol:
Happy to oblige... normal commercial fees & travel bonuses would apply. :D

As a discount offer am willing to supply my own dunny paper. :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I was thinking of something a tad less dangerous for the test runs, maybe scrunched up toilet paper, easier to clean off if the fitting let go :lol: However, when I need a structural integrity test to see if the walls hold in place and ventilation sufficiency test I will be sure to keep you in mind Chuckie ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Try a Polly Waffle,, do they still make those things or did they ban them because of the overuse in swimming pools?? I know I bought a box of them once to go swimming with :roll: :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrmac1

Post by Mrmac1 »

Dot , I typed this on the other forum yesterdaybut it disappeared. Is Norman going to change the passenger seat so they can get through

Darryl
Darryl & Annette McPherson
CMCA Member
Paradise Inspiration Lite Delux 11 Suzuki GV Towed
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Darrly, The lad should be around soon and he will fill you in re his seats,, But I do know he wants to get another seat the same as the current drivers seat for Christine. :lol:
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Mrmac1 wrote:Dot , I typed this on the other forum yesterdaybut it disappeared. Is Norman going to change the passenger seat so they can get through

Darryl
Yep goin to whip that dual seat out and get a single in there.....Prefer a Blue one thanks Darryl..... :lol: :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Keith Morris

Normans' Passenger Seat

Post by Keith Morris »

norman wrote:
Mrmac1 wrote:Dot , I typed this on the other forum yesterdaybut it disappeared. Is Norman going to change the passenger seat so they can get through

Darryl
Yep goin to whip that dual seat out and get a single in there.....Prefer a Blue one thanks Darryl..... :lol: :lol:

ATTN: NORMAN---Have you any particular seat in mind. One that will fit as a stock/standard thing without having to re-drill bolt holes to secure the seat to the floor.
I also have to think about a seat belt setup as the existing seat belts on the twin seat are part of the removed seat. I'm open to your suggestions.
I. NOTE: The shoulder/sach part of the seat belt remains in place on the door post, and it is possible to salvage the retractable LAP PART for future use.

The existing seat is 16 inches off the floor (or 40mm) to the base of the dual seat. I think that a box type of an arrangement would have to be made otherwise the passenger would be sitting about glove box level and never see out through the windows. "Russell" would not like that arrangement as he wants to see where he is going.
I think that the base addition for a normal passenger seat could be used to store things.
The more I think about it, the easy way out is to fit another Iveco type Driver's Seat for the passenger, if it will fit the existing bolt holes if they are the same dimensions and spacing, and that would keep everything on the same level.

DARRYL:-- Do you want the dual seat when Norman removes it from his van. If Norman has already consigned his to the rubbish tip; I have [a spare] one now, as I have just removed one from my Iveco to allow me to have a "walk-through" to the back of the van-house part.
IN ALL HONESTY, I would NOT RECOMMEND the dual passenger seat for any long distance trips, but it would be alright as a secondary seat to sit in for a short period while you have lunch.
I sat in the dual seat while my Grandson drove me home one night, (250km) and I was almost unable to walk when I got out of the van. HARD, RIGID, and NO ADJUSTMENT OF THE BACK REST.
Keith.
[\color]

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.