Hino Rainbow

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
Dot

Re: Hino Rainbow

Post by Dot »

Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 pm No a hino bought our ten year ago the only thing I did was take it for a test drive and still going strong today 🚌🚌🚌🚌
That's because Nini's super charged gofer tows it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

A general warning to all, if you are looking at buying a converted bus ask to see the photos with the skin off before they started the conversion showing the rust had been cut out and plated. It's hard enough repairing a rusted bus before you start the conversion, imagine having to strip out the conversion before you start the rust repair, then have to refit it all.

The Comair is 47 years old. No rust in the walls. All covered in green plane paint and the bitumen.

I thought the chassis had a bit of surface rust; After wire brushing it I got the dirt off, then the black paint, then the red metal oxide and then to the steel.

However, they do rust just under the side window rubber seals if you're not careful. :evil:
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

We'll take a magnet :lol: :lol:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Ask Generdog (Brad) about the magnet test. It seems they mixed steel wool or something in the bog when they reconstructed/sculptured the section above the rear door of the Coaster, the magnet stuck no problems but when the problems started it turned out there was no panel left in that area.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Gawd :shock: the whole caper is fraught with danger. I hope we can find a good one.
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

Here it is:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/helena-v ... 1148682976
[emoji6]
Cheers,
Steve
Busman

Post by Busman »

Steve,
The amount that is cut out of the side for the"slide" is way too much. The webbing wall that runs under the windows (about 600 high) is what keeps the front and back module in plane with each other. Many people think it is the 2 members on either side of the aisle, but that is not correct.
In the factory the front and rear modules were built in different areas, craned over to where they were joined and all the in between stuff added.
(my certifier was the QA guy, that's how I know all this stuff)
This coach will bend without that being replaced, or substantial strength being added back, there is a book by an aircraft engineer who converts busses (US) that will give you some idea of what you need to do, called "the bus converters bible" it has a lot of stuff that does not apply, but in this section it is gold.
I can tell it is going to have some rust problems from what is weeping out from under the skin joins.
I brought mine, later model with reco engine, for 10K knowing full well how much rust there was in it.
As this has been parked for 10 years the cancer has been quietly eating away, unseen.
It will need a new set of tyres (max 7 years safely) and brake chambers. And all brake hoses.
There is years of work in this coach, I would take it on if you gave it to me, would not pay any money for it though, needs too much already, but realistically there are others out there that you can finish before the shuffle off this mortal coil. It will rust away unless someone buys it, moves it elsewhere, and eventually gives up as too much work.
Sorry, but I tell it as I see it, did my first one 45 years ago..........
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

I feel bad you have typed all that out mate... I was joking about this one [emoji54] Even for free it'd be overpriced.

They talk of dreams. I see only nightmares!

Cheers,
Steve
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Barboots wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 am Here it is:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/helena-v ... 1148682976
[emoji6]
Cheers,
Steve
I wonder who did the roof raise and if an engineer was ever consulted before the dream turned into a nightmare :roll: If they had left the top rail complete and sheeted from the rail to the first roof beam the same way above the door is done would have stabilised the whole thing before they cut the side out. Not a fan of slide-outs at the best of times but this one has wrecked a potential coach body to motorhome conversion.
An enormous amount of work has already been spent on this project that can never be completed due to a silly early design error, sad to see but seen all to often

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Be worth unbolting the motor though?
I'm guessing it's a 692TTA?
So sad we don't hear the screamin' demon's much any more?
A lot better than those snortin' Scanias & YoYo's!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA