Another project done!

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Dot

Re: Another project done!

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:32 pm Well done Ray. The trouble with finishing any project is that as soon as it's done SWMBO will trot out another two things that will require your attention. At least, that's how things work at our place. :D
Good work Ray......Hope Joy is thinking up more ideas for you while she is recovering...

David, OMG didn't you know that is the way of the thing called marriage? :lol: There is a line up of "little jobs" along side G's work bench :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Too true, Dottie!

I have a swag of ‘little jobs’ on my worksheet. Some mine, some hers.

When a new job is added and I rearrange the priorities, SWMBO’s jobs are automatically of higher priority than mine. 😀😜

“Happy wife…” well, you know the rest. 😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The jobs list, never do the first two jobs on the list, eventually those jobs will either drop off the list or move down in the priorities so the first two jobs from the original list eventually either go away or get done .... then there is great celebrations because those jobs finally got done ;) 8-) Winner all round :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

PROGRESS REPORT:
Joy is off the crutches.
Still sore but can put weight on the foot.
She’s been out in the garden, but after an hour retreats to the house complaining of a sore leg.
Can’t imagine what the problem is… :roll:
Our garden helper came today, made short work of several tasks that would have taken me hours, if not days. He’s a gem. Worth every penny.
Other bloke coming later today (it’s already Saturday) to quote on painting which was the start of the whole saga. 😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good to hear Joy is on the mend, but without the crutches, how will she fight you off now?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Other bloke coming later today (it’s already Saturday) to quote on painting which was the start of the whole saga.
Ray,

Don't mention the fall and not ever painting again. Otherwise, he'll have you over a barrel. err, maybe, a ladder really.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Another one knocked over!
David (Supersparky) dropped off a double bootlast same as one I spotted (but wasn't allowed to buy) in a Temora Junkyard Antiques Store. ;)
Here's the progress pics...
01-As deliverd.jpeg
As delivered
02-Part cleaned.jpeg
Cleaning under way.
(Wire wheel on angle grinder. Dremel for the tight bits.)
03-Restored.jpeg
Fully cleaned & painted.
(Three coats of matte black.)
Ready to add to my collection.
:D

ps. As I have now proved that I can post pics from the laptop, and thus my problem of invisible photos is with the phone, later I will post progress pics of our final(?) major project: yet another garden bed. :roll: :P That makes TEN!
Not just any garden bed... but I'll explain when I post the pics. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Looks good Ray, boot makers/repairers are an occupation past tense in our area, I finally located one at The Junction in Newcastle, haven't visited the business yet, there use to be one at Toukley & Morisett but both have closed down.

How is Joy? Hope she has recovered from her fall.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That's a big improvement on that horrible red paint. I will keep an eye out for another. They are pretty rare I think.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

David, what would you expect to pay for a boot last?
Shirley & Bruce.