Backyard Make Over.

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Ros20549

Backyard Make Over.

Post by Ros20549 »

Well as some of you know we are grounded this years so we have decided to finish a few things around the house, our first project was to get rid of the silly bit of lawn out back and pave it, so some 2000 pavers later it is now finished and I must say THE BOSS has done a wonderful job just need the plants to grow

I still need to get the final photo but that will have to wait for the weather to improve.

Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
supersparky

Re: Backyard Make Over.

Post by supersparky »

That looks great Ros.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well done Ivan and Ros for the original ideas/plans ;) certainly made a difference.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Looks unreal, great work.
Shirley & Bruce.
homeless

Post by homeless »

FAntastic job looks good but I thinkI say one brick there sitting up a bit :P
If you need some more practice I am sure Margaret (T1) has a good area you can practice on both out the back and out the front so you could try two designs at the same site.
I would move my bus for a while when needed so you can do the front and if you are quick you could have it done before T1 returns from his little escapade.
Hope other matters are improving in the same vane as the yard
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

homeless wrote:FAntastic job looks good but I thinkI say one brick there sitting up a bit :P
If you need some more practice I am sure Margaret (T1) has a good area you can practice on both out the back and out the front so you could try two designs at the same site.
I would move my bus for a while when needed so you can do the front and if you are quick you could have it done before T1 returns from his little escapade.
Hope other matters are improving in the same vane as the yard
Regards
Brian
Thanks Brian but I think after all these bricks we need a bit of a break from paving but we have not stood still BOSS has widened the garage this is its third extension hopefully the last :shock: we have now moved inside and at present re vamping the laundry before moving onto the family bathroom, finding it better if we keep busy the other matter is going to plan at present will have more results next week so fingers crossed. Thanks for asking.

Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hey, Ros,
Great minds...
Yours is a fantastic transformation.

We've just had our ODLA paving extended into an area that gets so little sun the Kikyuyu won't even grow there!

We didn't want to obscure our views of the Golf Course (our private dog-walking park! ;) )
So we called in a brickie/paving bloque and he not only did the area we wanted done, he straightened up bricks adjoining his work so we wouldn't trip on the differing levels (1/2 inch max)!!
When we arrived we had a circular 'garden' bed with a dead tree in the centre and an overgrown, neglected hedge.
While de-weeding it, we discovered the remains of six carpet roses inside the hedge! :roll:

It's now our Winter Sun-Seating area :) :D .

Last edited by Greynomad on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Greynomad wrote:Hey, Ros,
Great minds...
We've just had our ODLA paving extended into an area that gets so little sun the Kikyuyu won't even grow there!
So we called in a brickie/paving bloque and he not only did the area we wanted done, he straightened up bricks adjoining his work so we wouldn't trip on the differing levels (1/2 inch max)!!
When we arrived we had a circular 'garden' bed with a dead tree in the centre and an overgrown, neglected hedge.
It's now our Winter Sun-Seating area :) :D .

While de-weeding it, we discovered the remains of six carpet roses inside the hedge! :roll:

That's looks fantastic job well done.