"tanks" BUNKER ACTIVITY

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Keith Morris

"tanks" BUNKER ACTIVITY

Post by Keith Morris »

It is all go at Dysart and the materials for the Bunker ramps and landings are due to be delivered on Thursday. The construction will start as soon as the bits and pieces are delivered and should be all completed by 1st week in October. Mr. Russell will be happy that he does not have to negotiate up and down steps anymore, and old "tanks" will have better access for when he has to use a walking frame.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: "tanks" BUNKER ACTIVITY

Post by BruceS »

Sounds good Tanks! Who is the 'builder'?
Qld has a bad reputation for those little wood chewing critters so made sure you don't create a ramp for them as well!
I noticed at Moranbah all the houses that BHP had built have aluminium steps/stairs for that reason.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Mr Russell shall be pleased.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Good news Keith, hope the nephew does a good job.

Cheers

PeterH
PeterH
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

pet-els wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:16 am Good news Keith, hope the nephew does a good job.

Cheers

PeterH
"tanks" here mate,
the Govt/My Aged Care contractor from Moranbah quoted $21,692.00 to do the job.
[The breakdown was materials: $9,560.00, and labour $10,160.00]. I did not accept that.

My nephew is going to do the work and he is going to drive the 450 km round trip to Mackay today to purchase the materials from Bunnings.
He intends to start building the landings and ramps on Thursday or Friday and be completed by Sunday or Monday at the latest, at a fraction of the Govt quotation.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

BruceS wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:06 am Sounds good Tanks! Who is the 'builder'?
Qld has a bad reputation for those little wood chewing critters so made sure you don't create a ramp for them as well!
I noticed at Moranbah all the houses that BHP had built have aluminium steps/stairs for that reason.
"tanks" here BruceS
The Dysart "Bunker" has (in-ground) white ant/termite protection, and I had the pest contractor check the lot when I arrived over here in July.
Keith.

bob r

Post by bob r »

Good on you Keith make it nice and comfortable.

Bob
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good one Tanks. Looks like you have the good oil. Them little white critters will eat your bloody house if you give 'em half a chance. :!: :!: :!:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Good one, Tanks!
Make sure Russell supervises your nephew... as all Jackies are wont to do. :roll:
And watch that the slope ends BEFORE it crosses that driveway... :? otherwise you might have to install another ramp for the car to cross the pedestrian ramp! :roll:
Then maybe you'll need a ramp so you can walk over the car ramp to get to the pedestrian ramp...
I think I'll stop now, my head hurts. :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 pm Good one, Tanks!
Make sure Russell supervises your nephew... as all Jackies are wont to do. :roll:
And watch that the slope ends BEFORE it crosses that driveway... :? otherwise you might have to install another ramp for the car to cross the pedestrian ramp! :roll:
Then maybe you'll need a ramp so you can walk over the car ramp to get to the pedestrian ramp...
I think I'll stop now, my head hurts. :lol:
"tanks" here---
The ramps are 4.5m in length, and the top landing is 2 m so all is good.
Keith.