Bedford Weir, Qld, 27th July 2016

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Macca

Re: Bedford Weir, Qld, 27th July 2016

Post by Macca »

Changes a lot since then.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Hi All, Happy everthing, and a merry new year, We at this stage could be in NORTH QUEENSLAND this coming winter. Being that WEST AUSTRALIA dont want us to camp in their spots anymore... Have no idea why, we behaved very well and spent all our money there each year. Some thing about a 28 day stay , after driveing 3000.+ ks RIGHT!!. Hope to be on the road soon after FEB. March.2016..?? That starting point is not a + yet just a hope.... Dont care where you all end up just say ,so we can call in and say hello...Bloody HOT here today all week....Hope we arnt just a greesss spot by then... Been a little warm in ADL Dot as well.. Good place to spend a cool time at the beach ( Mazlins) comes to mind ??? no ok....
Keep a grin on ya face all the silly season will soon be past...
Bob n Bev n jackie
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Hi All, hit the button twice I did !!!
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--
Good to hear from you again Bob & Bev and the "beast". I am still off the road pending repairs to the Iveco engine and a lengthy law suite against Skippers and United Fuel but I hope to be mobile again in 2016 sometine. At least in time to get over for the Easter gathering.
As an alternative location to get together have a look at Lake Elphinston which is inland and near Mackay Qld. Ash and Wendy give it a good report and there is no limit on how long you can stay. Full ammenities and a very nice location with lots of activity -fishing/bird watching/walking etc.
Read the blog here: http://www.travelpod.com/z/ash-wendyfrank/1/1447591876
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--
Looking at the site for Bedford Weir I found the following info.
I note the No Dogs is part of the conditions, also only a restricted time you can camp there.

Facilities and activities at Bedford Weir

Number of sites: 40
Camping Fees:
Although this is a free campground (up to 7 nights stay), donations are encouraged to help with upkeep.

Bookings:
This is a free camping area.
How to book:
No bookings are required. There is a caretaker on site who does a great job at keeping things in order.

Toilets:
Flushing Toilets
Pets: Not allowed
Water Availability:
There is usually drinking water available at this campsite. Please take care, it may still be advisable to boil water before drinking.
Camp fires:
Fires may be allowed in built fire places. Please check local fire bans and rules.
Barbeques:
It is not known if barbeques are available.
Swimming:
You are able to swim in the lake nearby.
Fishing:
There are fishing spots at or near this campsite.
Picnic Tables:
Yes.
Horse Riding: No
Canoeing / Kayaking: There are canoeing and kayaking spots at or near this campsite

Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

It's not correct Keith. What site did you use? Not saying it's a good site to visit, in my opinion it is a very poor site for the purpose, but dogs are allowed there.
Jon
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--- I found this site on the google thingo-
Camping at Bedford Weir - QLD - Find a Campsite
www.findacamp.com.au/camp-site.php?camp=822
Information on Bedford Weir Campground including facilities, access, maps and photos. Includes links to 19 other campsites nearby.
Keith.

Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Thanks Tanks....last updated December 2013.....and it was dog friendly then, so their information is wrong. Yes it does have a 7 day limit (but arrangements can be made). If offered a choice I would still prefer Lake Elphinstone...no water on site, but available in Town.
Jon
Dot

Post by Dot »

OK time I think to do a poll for the decision between Bedford weir or Lake Elphinstone . Shall ask the Boss to set it up. Majority will rule. Is everyone ok with this??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

About another 400Ks north of Bedford weir .??
Bernie .