Bedford Weir, Qld, 27th July 2016

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
bob r

Re: Bedford Weir, Qld, 27th July 2016

Post by bob r »

This is the area I thought might be good, not to far from showers and toilet.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Macca

Post by Macca »

That is the spot where in August a few years ago it was minus2 degrees! Good ting about this spot is that it is away from the crowded area as well, with amenity block & caretaker building in between.
Neil I do not know when the dump point was put here but caretaker said it is over the back side a the green shed- have not had a look yet.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

OK, I'm confused Bob! Is that picture of the Bedford Weir area or the Woolford one?
Anyway we stopped at the weir yesterday & let the dogs & people have a paddle.
I'll give you my brief thoughts on the area and link to a couple of video's.
Please forgive me for my description of the toilet shower block as I took liberty to overuse my description of what Wendy saw. I'm in trouble about that but decided NOT to delete the whole video for one minor error.
I'm informed the staining in the facilities is simple the water colour & not being filthy.........
Might be a drought up here but it is a very dry area with limited green grass or lawns at present?
I expected to see a huge area of water .... not so.
I'm really not going to advise either way but I'm pretty sure there MIGHT be a better place? It certainly will hold the outfits and would be OK.
There is a sign saying 7 day limit but someone else reckons 3 day so I'm not sure ........
BedfordWeir.jpg
Link to videos shortly........

WARNING: Data usage HIGH!
Bedford Weir .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1dPAsVk7rg

Bedford Weir Camping area..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IOA_LqKJlk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

bob r

Post by bob r »

It's the area between the caretakers caravan and the road Bruce the highest part of the area
No grass when we were there either.

Bob
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

This from that same spot the bundle cable above the Nissan is the cable in the other pic things look different in pic's . Depends on where your standing .
Bernie .
cape 033 (Custom).jpg
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Love the back door, did you build that yourself? I'd love to make a mod like that for the Mazda, it would turn bed making into a breeze rather than a gymnastic nightmare.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

No Terry was as is when I bought it shower and toilet behind the door ...loo with a view... when door open .
Was originally for wheel chair access . Found the tie down paperwork (wheel chair ) behind panel whilst renovating .
Bernie .
bob r

Post by bob r »

Gee it looks better with a bit of grass about Bernie.

Bob
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

When I first visited Bedford Weir about 6 years ago, it was all green, and the weir was filled and full of redclaw. The area available for camping fitted about 15 vans, and happy hour included a singalong hosted by the camp caretaker.

More recently (last three visits) it has been very dusty, and overpopulated. I chose to stay in Blackwater Town Site last two visits.

It could rain Tomorrow, and the campsite would quickly improve, until next Dry Season when overpopulation will again contribute to its deterioration.
Jon
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We were also there about 6 years ago this from our site then . before the area in question was even open to camp .
Also before the now kiosk thingy was there , what you see in the pic was all you got
The then caretaker was a CMCA member and lived in the large motorhome in the big shed area .
Dunny' / shower to the right of shed .
To the left of that now is where the dump point is .
BD Photos-013 (Custom).jpg