Mannum get together

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Dot

Re: Mannum get together

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote:This little caravan park is up for sale and is dog friendly and I thought about buying it..... then I realised I would be dealing with people who chose to stay at caravan parks rather than free camps...... so I put the idea where it belonged :lol:
Go on buy it and then turn it into a free camp spot for us forum friends. Can only stay if you have a furbaby with you. go on go on dare yu x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

You could just close it at holiday times..
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hmmmm...... deep deep down I feel this may not good business advice :lol: but I can put either of you in contact with the owners and you could do just that :) I really did think about how great it would be for forum get togethers, but I'd have to move the paying permanent vans out (not full time residents but their vans remain on site for a fee) along with the on site vans so there was enough room :?: didn't seem to make economic sense for some reason
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hey T1......... move out the mozzies too!!
It is a lovely quiet little park that only a few would ever find.
Anyone heard of B & B? Not sure if he'll get over this way before T1 goes back to God's own country or not.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

BnB are stopped at a mates place for a few days but the way he drives once he gets going who knows :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Camped in the front yard "Tanks" at Wyalkatchem WA. Be here for a couple of days.

PeterH
PeterH
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yesterday I accidentally dialed Keith's (Tanks) phone number and quickly hung up.
The call must have gone through long enough to register on his phone as "missed call".
Anyway Tanks kindly returned the call.
Was what you could call a community call I reckon?
Peter was visiting Tanks while Geoff (Boblebago), T1 & Margaret, Chris & Judy and Wendy & Bruce were having a bit of a lunch date!!!
Windy outside but nice inside!!
I must say Tanks sounded on top of his game again!
Engine well on the way to be good again and he's looking forward to once again being a nomad with Russell as company.
Peter must have also cheered him up I'm guessing?
Thankyou for the call Tanks!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Hey Tanks,
Did you get back to Wyalkatchem last night?
I'm in the Advent Park as you advised.

PeterH
PeterH
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes he's home & rang me to gain access to the forum. Not sure if he's worked it out yet!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

pet-els wrote:Hey Tanks,
Did you get back to Wyalkatchem last night?
I'm in the Advent Park as you advised.

PeterH

"tanks" here--- I have just got back to Wylie and I had a bit of a problem gaining access to the Forum.
I'm in now thanks to the Admin who were able to get me connected.
The Iveco went well-- a little high on operating temp, so that is a wait and see deal.
I stayed in Perth last night and drove back to Wylie late this morning (after shopping for fresh and perishable), arriving back at about 3:00pm. The printer is out of ink so a trip to the PO to get new ink so as I can print out the forms that Consumer Protection sent.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.