Bedford or Elphinstone for get together?

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest

Do you want the get together at Bedford Weir or Elphinstone Dam?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Bedford Weir as originally planned.
No votes
Lake Elphinstone as suggested as being a more suitable place.
37%
Either ... it doesn't matter!
19%
Further South in NSW somewhere.
33%
Where's the popcorn?
11%

Total votes: 27

Macca

Re: Bedford or Elphinstone for get together?

Post by Macca »

It is a big area, donkey hot water system, dump point non potable water. Wendy ha been there a lot more recently than me.
No dot we are not heading south this year. 2008 -2014 we have been in the bottom of Oz in wet, windy cold climate so a change this year although I was complaining about our humidity this year- has been shocking.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
bob r

Post by bob r »

Dot wrote:
weezanickinoff wrote:Hi Chuck......We have friends there at the moment what would you like to know Chuck?
Also ask if there is a friendly farmer with a tractor please Wendy ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes Wendy I saw the photos needed a big one too. :o :shock: :oops:

Bob
weezanickinoff

Post by weezanickinoff »

Ow Geez Dotty, Not a nice story for us and not appropriate for this thread me thinks, but I'll post on my Thread if you really want to hear about it! We got bogged Chucky!!

Anyway The Lake is amazing and one of the best we have been too but the 2 week max put a damper on the place thats for sure There are toilets clod showers all new with disable ed ones as well there's BBQ, skip bins, water is 25 km in Glenden a small town with groceries, PO, Bakery, fuel, Dump Point, a Club with Humongous meals really cheap.
The camp is big at peak time they said they had 115 RV's in there, shade if you want it, water for all your water activities, we Kayaked every morning, glorious escarpments around the site. We loved it there. If you want a pletheror of photos and stories you can go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/NomadsO ... eBestBits/ Join first and then type in Lake Elphinstone in the space "Search this Group" and all the posts about the Lake will come up for you to browse, believe me there's a few.
Showing the size of the camps shore frontage - Copy - Copy (800x270).jpg
Lake Elphinstone Qld4.11 (4) (800x600).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
weezanickinoff

Post by weezanickinoff »

Geez Bob see what it did to my brain.......la la la la Ash told you about it arggggg!
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Okay folks, it's decision time !

The Poll shows that the majority - if only by one vote - want this years gathering to be held in Qld, either Bedford or Elphinstone.

So be it!

Now then, a suggestion has been put forward to include both locations... Initially at Bedford - where there is a maximum stay of 7 days, then up to Elphinstone - with a couple of days break in between if you so desire. Maximum stay at Elphinstone is 14 days. This gives those that only wish to travel as far as Bedford that option & those that would like to head to Elphinstone that option as well.

Spoke to Kay & Bruce last night who are currently at Bedford - you may recall an earlier post stating it was in a bad way as the caretaker had left, leaving the ablutions & the surrounds (grass/bindi} in a bad way. After discussions with the local council they are now the resident caretakers on a temporary basis - possibly up to the end of June - so things will be looking up.

So, at this stage the date will remain the same... Friday 29 July at Bedford.

If a convoy is being considered as per Bruce/Boss's suggestion - then I'm sure that information will be forthcoming shortly.

For those interested in attending this gathering I will start a separate thread...where you can make your attendance intentions known.

For those who will not be attending for whatever reason please don't put any negative comments up here as to the locations. If your not interested in traveling north then you might consider organising a separate gathering in your vicinity.
Last edited by Chuck on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Good - oh Chuck!
I think it's a good idea including both places so those traveling long distances do get to see each place.
For those with more time on their hands could even migrate on to Eungella Dam & then onto Finch-Hatton & Mackay.

Confirmation of intending attendance here ........
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4290
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Beauty Chuck :) xx Shall lock this now as the poll has been polled :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.