LAKE ELHINSTONE PHOTOS.

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Busman

Re: LAKE ELHINSTONE PHOTOS.

Post by Busman »

I will chip in here.
ANYWHERE that close to the amenities would mean we were scattered all over the place, certainly no room for VP's 19 mtrs.
I believe the organisers had the right to choose an area suitable for attendees, which included the above 19 mtrs.
I also believe problems started when you were giving us some advice re dumping etc which I found totally erroneous i.e. you did not tell us about the Nebo dump point when we were there, instead insisting we drop our trailer as Glenden, an extra 60 clicks because it was difficult with a trailer. We saw no such difficulty there. As soon as others started suggesting options you said this is my LAST post on the subject.
And yet a moderator on this forum is too high and mighty to walk 250 mts to meet us ?
Even at gemfest ?
Sorry Bruce, I am out of here, you need to pick moderators that do not have a king complex. Goodbye.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Hang in there Bill we all have off days .
I for one enjoy your posts .
Bernie .
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

instead insisting we drop our trailer as Glenden
That NEVER happened William.
In fact , you suggested that you were travelling to Glenden to dump, and I advised that you drop the trailer at Elphinstone turn off.Nobody suggested Nebo, you didn't ask about the availability of a DP elsewhere. I would Today suggest that you not take a trailer to the Glendon DP, have you been there?

Not sure why you believe it is your way or the highway. Happy to discuss it though.
Jon
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

OK, steady up folks!
I'm not really sure what being a mod on this forum has to do with it?
From what I can see, it seems to be a total lack of talking to each other to decide the finer details prior to the event.
Quite possibly some finer details WERE decided on via other means? Facebook, PM's, emails etc etc.
I know at times I get a little frustrated on this forum when others chat about things that happen elsewhere.
Let's not turn on each other as happens on 'other' forums?
I seem to remember a movie RE: "What we have here is a failure to communicate".
Chill Pill anyone?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

I have to agree Bruce. We are / were not all privvy to discussions outside the Forum. My Kay and I felt we were not included in all those discussions, and yet had clearly advertised our movements on this Forum. I had 'let it go', and was surprised to see it raise its ugly head again Today.
Jon
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

dream4red wrote:Jon, really???? conservative??? how cheap do you need to spend to get some stunning bling. :o If you had introduced yourselves, you too would have had a lovely gift from moi! No moths would have needed to be harmed in the exercise! :lol:
Yep, the dichroic glass is all my own work.
It was great to actually meet William and May, and really great to put faces to names. Lovely people to chat with and spend a short time getting to know each other. Thanks for dropping by, I am sure that we will run into each other at different festivals from now on. :P
I hesitate to answer this post on this thread, however it would be rude not to reply.
Thanks for your kindness. Did you say freebie?.....we rushed back only to find you had gone home :roll:
I looked twice at your stand, it stood out amongst the gold dealer opposite, and the long tables of gems/stone carvings beside you. Kay appreciates colour, she likes opals, dichroic glass, and heat treated Topaz. Next time. :) and you deserve every success with your stand at Gemfest.
Jon
Macca

Post by Macca »

My last comments on this subject. We, Trina & I just said to the fire, no mention of "after dinner". Bruce & I came to find you when we first got there Wed & there was no room for us let alone the CCs when they were arriving Thursday & definitely no room for Bobr, Gennerdog & Busman. I did not organise this event either.Yes I made some suggestions early in the piece when I was asked to do so regarding possible spots in QLD. My conscience is totally clear. Amen.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Busman

Post by Busman »

OK this is a word doc to answer any critics.
While I have tried to stay away from personalities it has proved impossible.
This post is in response to a few PM’s I have had.
Firstly I have no interest in upsetting the smooth running of this forum and I guess my past posts will verify that.
However sometimes things happen that are not acceptable to oneself and this is, I believe, such a situation.
The timeline is pretty easy to follow on the forum.. We received advice from both macca and jon and kay about our transit to LE. We ended up at a caravan park at Nebo behind the servo for $18 per night with water, power and amenities which we thought good value. At this time no one suggested dumping at Nebo which we found out was our best option. However Jon was very keen for us to go the extra 60 K to Glenden and dump, and asked us to drop out trailer at the LE turnoff, saying the Glenden dump point was difficult with a trailer. On inspection it is one of the easiest access sites we have come across, so we are at a loss to understand why this was posted.
After we pulled into LE site we could see many vans and busses around the amenities block, looking ahead, we could see Kay waving where the forum members should be, so we went straight there,
We had an absolutely fantastic time over the next week or so, like I have said before, laughed so much we nearly cacked ourselves. And all this time a moderator of this forum was sitting a couple of hundred metres from us, way too up himself to come down to the hoi polloi.
Do not need this rubbish in our lives, we are meeting so many fantastic people on the road we do not need this forums friends, or is that fiends ?

NO OTHER THEEADS, DOCS, PAGES, WHATEVER OUTSIDE THIS FORUM, NO FACEBOOK ETC, OK?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I really didn't want to lock this thread!

And I won't!
.... for now!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Jon and Kay wrote:Kay, it was 10am, you were with Catrina and you asked us to join you 'after dinner'. Seems we might have been welcomed before you were packing up at night after dinner. Seems you should never ever be allowed to run an event again IMHO. But then if you really want to give us a hiding on the Forum, give it your best shot and explain why you set up camp over 250m away from us after we had informed everybody where we were via this forum OR just let it be.
John,

Hopefully my one & only comment!

Some people refer to their midday meal as dinner as that is their main meal for the day... which is what Kay was referring to. Instead of jumping to conclusions it might have been more prudent to query it at the time.

Your statement referring to "It would have been nice to meet the Forum people" - or similar - you had every opportunity but chose not to.

On page 13, 2nd post, you refer to your location being full with the exception of a couple of small spaces. To Kay & I this was a clear indication that the rest of the Forum group would be unable to park there so Kay, being the next to arrive, logically chose where we ended up. I don't see that as ignoring you but rather an obvious decision which I fully supported as did the others once they arrived & saw the reason why.

Finally, if you had checked the original post - & I'm sure you did - then you would have been aware that I was the organiser, not Kay. Your arrogant comment, highlighted above, is totally out of line & in my opinion should be withdrawn & an apology offered to Kay. Redman or not!

Fortunately it is only your opinion!

Just had a thought, in the 4 years this forum has been running I think I would be correct in suggesting that this is the first 'uprising' to eventuate.

I wonder what the catalyst was... :roll:

Over to you Bruce.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.