CMCA Rally

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: CMCA Rally

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

No more camping this year sorry here this the good news is your still here ok :D
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good to hear that you are ok Peter & pleased that you are being looked after by Terry & Margaret, thumbs up great friends, hope that your fiver isn't a right off too, take it easy & recover from the nasty accident.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Sorry I didn't get to update earlier but I've been flat out getting Tom & Carmel back on the road for their drive back to Qld.
Peter rang me from the Lameroo hospital around 6 pm saying they were going to put him out on the street, we were back at the house by 10pm so the 320km round trip wasn't too bad a run as most of it is 110km/h road... but maybe the word highway is over stating it a tad. That stretch from Lameroo to Tailem Bend takes quite a few out, doesn't take much of a laps in concentration and the road heads off without you, none of that banked cornering that indicates which way the road is going so it really does put a strain on the driver.
Peter is fine, a good size bruise down the left wrist and back of the hand but it's tied on to his elbow with a wrap up bandage so it shouldn't fall off.
Looking at the photos on Peter's phone I'd say that both vehicles are a right off, the 5ér interior looks like a fruit salad, the axles are ripped from their mounts, cracked fibreglass panels front and back, the Ranger appears to be bent in the middle judging by the fold above the rear wheels, so I guess the tree stopping the front suddenly resulted in the 5ér folding the back end up as it tried to stop in a hurry.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Jeepers thats a terrible tale to hear of, glad he is OK
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Wow, sounds as though Peter was indeed lucky to get away with minor injuries.
Shirley & Bruce.
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Glad he got out of that one lightly, wish him a speedy recovery.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Peter, so glad that your time wasn't up just yet. Please take this as a warning and drive only short distances if you don't feel fully awake.
Lots of luck getting as much as you can from your insurance company.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Just caught up with this thread, blimey Peter you just have to stop looking at those bush pigs on the sides of the roads. At least you get to look another day:)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

What been sleeping dot been on the web for a week now[emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Both vehicles have been written off by assessors. Have just ordered a new IVECO cab & chassis. Due next week.

PeterH
PeterH