Condolences to Jenny & Mike aka Aussiegirl

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Re: Condolences to Jenny & Mike aka Aussiegirl

Post by norman »

Our condolences Mike and Jenny. Really sad for you both.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I posted this when I first heard, I didn't realise at the time the thread was only in the back room part but fully understand why as Dottie had not asked for permission to make it public.

It was/is very sad news, our hearts go out to Jenny, Mike and their son who fly out Christmas day to say their last good byes and of course to all the family. A terrible thing at any time but this will mark Christmas for them for ever. Stay strong and stay safe, there will be an open door here when ever you wish to visit.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Sad news, sincere sympathy.
Shirley & Bruce.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Jenny and Mick so sorry to hear of your loss all our love and thoughts are with you
Losing someone is sad at anytime but this time of the year is a little harder
Thinking of you Helen the boring one and Paul
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Just read this very sad news our thoughts are with you both and your family
Love Ros and Ivan
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
aussiegirl

Post by aussiegirl »

Hi everyone, and thank you for your messages and kind thoughts. The last two weeks have been a roller coaster to say the least. We received the news of our daughter's sudden death on the 23rd Dec and had organised our plane tickets, and our son's passport (his very first one) by that afternoon, so someone was certainly looking after us from up above. We arrived in Indianapolis at about midnight and got to the hotel by about 1am, caught a few hours sleep and then got up early to get a taxi to the hospital where she died so that we could meet with the social worker to find out more of the events that had taken place. Our request to meet with staff that were with her on the night was granted and we met with the manager of nursing, who was in attendance on the night. We received a lot of answers from this meeting, but of course there will always be questions too.
We got to see our daughter the next day at the mortuary, and that is when it really hit. We were able to say our goodbyes at least.
We had been estranged from our daughter for many years, with only minimal contact, and that has made it that little bit harder.
We were treated fantastically by Air New Zealand, who looked after us and even upgraded us on the way home, as they had been told that we were flying for compassionate reasons.
There were positives from the journey - our son was able to come with us to say goodbye to his sister, and we were all able to meet up with my daughters two boys from a previous marriage, and meet up with my daughters current partner, who is a lovely man, and our 16 month old granddaughter.
We are hoping to keep in touch with them from now on.
we returned home on the 10th January, and have returned to work this week, and we are now trying to get some normality back into our lives, which is not easy.

Thanks to everyone for you kindness and your messages. xxxx
Last edited by aussiegirl on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

So sad, Jenny and Mike.

I hope that somehow the positives grow and bloom.

Jon and family.