Pruning forum members

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Pruning forum members

Post by BruceS »

There are quite a few members that have signed up but then, for whatever reason, have never logged in or visited the forum again.
Over the next few days I will be deleting these users.
If any of the deleted ones do try to visit or sign in they will find they have to create a new account.
There will be no favoritism of any kind so if you find that your account has accidentally been deleted, simply sign up again please.

Later on I might prune a few of the users who haven't visited for 2 years or so. We'll see ..............
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: Pruning forum members

Post by Dot »

make it a bit less painless by using sharp blades. ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

A lot of forum are like this think it must be spur of the moment or some thing like that 😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, Can you see who the lurkers are, even if they don't post. I am only asking because I was a lurker over on the original CMCA forum before I worked up the courage to submit my first post.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I can see who the 'lurkers' are but only if they have signed up. If they are just a visitor then I can't tell who they are.
They can sign up again if they wish.
I suspect a couple of them might be 'spies' in the sense they want to just know what is in the closed sections.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Lance

Post by Lance »

Most of them probably joined to find out what this place s all about and simply decided it wasn't what they were looking for.
There are lots of RV forums about offering lots of differing aspects of experiences, and the industry in general.
If they were 'spies' they would be logging on each visit to check out the members area.

Most of it is probably fairly innocent but a clean up wouldn't hurt. 8-)
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
dapope

Post by dapope »

I need all my limbs.....
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I had to do a similar thing some time back on the private forum, more for information security reasons than anything else. I announced the plan much the same as Bruce has done, if there were no posts on the account or an account hadn't had a post submitted for 12 mths I think it was, that account was blocked. The plan was to cull the membership list 3 mths after that if they had not contacted me asking why they could no longer view the forum. I did receive quite a few queries regarding account access and we had a sudden upsurge in posts for a while from those that were regular readers but not regular posters, so a forum member who hasn't been heard from for some time may still be a regular reader. On these open forums there is no requirement to sign to read the majority of the forum so a member could be still visiting but only appear as a visitor.

On the other side of the table, there are some forums who claim huge membership levels but in reality less than 50% still visit that forum at all, yet they remain on the membership list creating a false impression regarding the audience level they command.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Must admit that I'm more of a reader than a poster these days as the van will be up for sale eventually. Don't really think we'll be traveling again in the near future, if at all, had to lay out a few $$$ on the house when we returned after last 20 month sojourn to upper Qld & as we no longer have one of the daughters residing in the house it would be quite difficult to consider traveling.

Still, ya never know what's around the corner...
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Yahoo. I'm still here. Don't want to be pruned.
Perhaps the others came across Dot and Chuck and decided to move on.
Sorry to hear that your traveling days may be drawing to a close Chuck as I was hoping we may have had another visit from you for a bottle of red and to check out our updated camp area.
Cheers John and Faye