Hosting charges rise

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Hosting charges rise

Post by BruceS »

Hi everyone!!
I opened this Forum in 2012 with help from Dot & others after 'some' dissatisfaction in regards to the operation of other forums. One in particular of course!
I've enjoyed the experience for all of that time and mostly the forum ran itself with little moderation.
I have 'covered the cost' of the forum myself all of this time & I openly acknowledge that from time to time others have offered to help with the costs.
Recently I have been notified that the hosting costs are set to rise a bit.

You may have heard that cPanel, one of the most widely used hosting control panels, announced a change to their pricing and licensing model in the middle of 2019. The pricing change (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/2 ... ice_hikes/) has impacted the hosting industry, increasing costs for hosting providers like us and customers alike.

As a result and after much deliberation, we’ve made the decision to increase the cPanel-based Reseller Hosting plans by $5 per month. This is the first price change we’ve made to Reseller Hosting in more than six years.

I'm getting older and a bit (lot?) more senile and wondered if there is any members interested in taking over the forum as the new owner? There are several options to generate income to MORE than cover costs but after nearly 30 years in the web hosting and website constructing game I've not pursued them to any extent.

If there is anyone interested please PM me to discuss it.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: Hosting charges rise

Post by Dot »

:( :( :(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, I'm not clever enough to host a forum, but I am willing to put my hand in my pocket and haul out some cash.
I'm sure most of our other members would be willing to do the same.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I’d be in that to help financially.
However, that won’t do anything to help the other problem Bruce mentions: Father Time.
None of us can avoid getting older.
From my reading of Bruce’s post, he’s looking for someone younger to take over the hosting.
Afraid I can’t help there. I’m suffering from the same problem. 🙄😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Bruce, I am with David, in that I dont have the computer nous to do what you do. Which by the way, is an amazing job, well done. I am sure that my pockets are not too long for me to offer a bribe to keep you doing what you do so well.....I mean to help pay the bills. ;) ;) ;)
Tell us how we can contribute to the costs mate, and keep you safe from the pennypinching.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
dapope

Post by dapope »

I know someone who may be interested, but he's currently overseas. Will speak to him when he is back next week.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'm listening everyone!
Thanks Martin. No rush ..... yet!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. Like the others. Quite happy to help with the running expenses but I have no idea with any computer stuff. ( Still using an old flip phone ) Can understand your position and hope there is someone out there with the will and expertise to take over.
Cheers John
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Totally agree with all the comments, know I wouldn't have the time or ability to run the forum, thanks for doing a great job Bruce.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

dapope wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:23 am I know someone who may be interested, but he's currently overseas. Will speak to him when he is back next week.
Good boy Martin ;) ;) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.