Hosting charges rise

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Hosting charges rise

Post by T1 Terry »

I reckon Margaret could learn how to handle the techo bit, but finding the time to do it would be our problem.
How about a mthly chip in towards costs and a few ginger beers and tubs of ice cream etc if you are willing to keep doing the great job you do now Bruce. Maybe ads for the basic forum and a pay as you go affair to be ad free as a premium membership or something.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes ok thanks for that great message [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

"Maybe ads for the basic forum and a pay as you go affair to be ad free as a premium membership or something."

That sounds like a good idea... :)

vik... ;)
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Bruce said that it is not the cost of running the forum, mainly the ads pay for the operating costs.

From the way I read the post it is the TIME IT INVOLVES out of a days activity, plus Wendy has to be considered somewhere in all of this.

The difficult part is finding somebody who has the knowledge to run the show--the tech ability to keep on top of it. That is what rules a fair few of any willing volunteers out.

If it was just a matter of throw in a few dollars to keep it going then there would be enough to run it for years to come because it is such a good forum ---BUT---it is not that, it is the time involved and our BruceS is getting OLD, or OLDER and maybe he wants to do something else [read more productive] with his time.
I may be wrong in thinking this way. (I have been known to be wrong before).
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

That the way I read it that Bruce would to retire at lease 50% if not more [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Sounds like some of you are building me a box already!!!
But yes, I think if it's going to continue for any length of time it's time to look for some younger ones to get into it.
I've had a few offers and negotiations are in the wind. I'll probably wait for Martin to chime in later on as well.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 pm Sounds like some of you are building me a box already!!!
But yes, I think if it's going to continue for any length of time it's time to look for some younger ones to get into it.
I've had a few offers and negotiations are in the wind. I'll probably wait for Martin to chime in later on as well.
A lost cause Bruce, you said "time to look for some YOUNGER ones" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you must be suffering from dementia. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

The young fella I have in mind is 25. Should be around for a bit.
I assume Bruce this is more about managing the back end, which he does in his sleep on several games servers h manages, as well as work sites. If that's the case, it will be business as usual here, with probably just some ads to cover costs and give him a little income.
He is back from the US tomorrow. I should know by weds.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..