New Forum Owner Announcement

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: New Forum Owner Announcement

Post by T1 Terry »

I do remember when you and Dottie conned me when we were at the trial stages of the forum before it went live. They had fake names and Norman asked me if I knew anything about this lithium stuff or something similar :roll: got me big time :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

A big thanks to Bruce and Wendy for running this great forum for the past few years,it has been a wealth of information and friendship for me from people mostly I will never meet.I look forward to the forum in the future with Terry and Margaret at the helm,I'm sure they will have us all under control in no time.Thanks to Terry and Margaret for taking it on, maybe it will be the only Lithium powered forum in the world?. :D :) ;) ......................................Peter
Last edited by 2foot6 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Thank you Bruce and a agreement with Dot about the party. If no fire ban we can have a cook up as there are enouth members with camp ovens I am sure. Cheers Robert
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Can understand you having enough Bruce, you've done a mighty job with this forum and deserve to be relieved of the responsibility to enjoy it. I'm sure T&M will carry on the good work, or should M&T be more appropriate.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Just catching up with the news 'cos I've been out of range ( well poor reception ) for a little while.
I agree with a meeting etc as long as it's over here in WA :lol:
Congrats to Terry and Margaret for taking on the responsibility of this forum ( but it is a way , as suggested previously ,for T1 to be sure of not being kicked off :roll: 0

Being in WA and a late riser ( if possible ) get to see most posts up to 3 hours after some have posted , so I get to do very little except a few late details that may have got past the mods earlier in the day.
At present anothe trip East is only on the "future board " subject to the Minister of War and Finance's approval :roll: :lol: so a "meetup" might not be possible for some time for us.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

We still need all the moderators help for when I'm not on deck cause I'm working or in shut down because of a body part not playing nicely (headache, eye needle or just not functioning as required and all the other "too many birthdays disease" ailments) The more eyes watching for things that need attention the better and the smoother the forum flows.
I just hope we can keep the forum running as smoothly as it did when Bruce and Wendy were running the show, and I hope we continue to grow while remaining the friendly forum. For that to happen it will require everyone to do their part, promoting the place and, on occasions, waiting 5 mins before re-reading a hastily type reply to make sure the post is "friendly" .... yeah, I know, I'm probably the worst offender so I'll have to double check myself as well :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Good news, you should handle it all OK. I will be down to see you in April not sure of dates, as I have a dog sit at St Kilda SA.
Thanks to Bruce and Wendy, Dinner at the club when I get there.

PeterH
PeterH
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

For that to happen it will require everyone to do their part, promoting the place and, on occasions, waiting 5 mins before re-reading a hastily type reply to make sure the post is "friendly" .... yeah, I know, I'm probably the worst offender so I'll have to double check myself as well

Most bosses have a P.A.maybe Terry needs his own P.M....PERSONAL MODERATOR... :D :lol: ....................Peter. :D
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:31 am Good news, you should handle it all OK. I will be down to see you in April not sure of dates, as I have a dog sit at St Kilda SA.
Thanks to Bruce and Wendy, Dinner at the club when I get there.

PeterH
No Stone The Crows this yr Peter? Friday 10th April till Thursday 16th, over Easter as usual, then Taggerty the 1st week end in May.
We are still unsure if we will be attending STC this yr, depends on work bookings I guess .... and $$ of course :roll: The 2 weeks between STC and Taggerty would mean we either travel back to Mannum in between or go visiting friends, it would be great to have the extended holiday but not sure there are enough leaves left on the money tree ......
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

As per other statements!!!!! Thank you Wendy and Bruce!
Thanks Margaret and Terry for taking on a great Forum!
Will support you all in your decisions.
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D