Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
dream4red

Re: Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Post by dream4red »

Dot, more like the courier left a box on the truck and found it when he emptied the truck out. xxxx

Ants, I have a friend who swears by dumping a packet of cloves around where they move. They dont like the smell, so they move house. But I think I agree with the change of diet thing. So keep trying until you find the one that works this time. good luck.

So talking of vermin, we are suffering from the most sticky flies that we have ever met (even including those at Uluru). Tonight we managed to swat 7 flies that have been annoying us all day. They seem to start annoying around bedtime and just don't die with any spray...well as much as you want to have in a 16ft caravan. His Nibs turned off the lights in the bedroom end of the van and he seemed to get swarmed by the blighters...poor dead Louey! We got the lot and there are none around my laptop screen now either.

It's a goodnight from me xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Macca

Post by Macca »

We are hoping that we can get over the 9 gully,river crossings in the am to start heading south from our friend's at Townsville. We should have been in Mossman today but those plans changes Saturday when we heard about Trevor. Thinder, lightening and heavy rain most of today- bugger. Bruce sitting on shed patio talking to the old horse.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Smart man you got there Kaye!!! Better he's chatting to the old horse than the 'old nag' huh??? :o 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I cannot believe that no-one is making flexible tyre valve extensions anymore!
Girt’s front wheel dress trims have holes which don’t align with the valves. So I have to fit valve extensions.
One of our 10yo extensions perished and started leaking. Thusly, the search for a new set was indicated.
I visited two truck accessories shops, Repco, Allspares, Autobarn, Supercheap Autos and three 4WD accessories shops in Albury.
Nada.
Two of the shop owners had no idea what the extension was when I showed them what I was looking for!
I eventually had to have a pair custom made by ENZED hydraulic spares. 🙄
At FOUR times the cost of the originals!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Should've gone to spec savers, or at least ebay...
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-140mm-Fl ... ctupt=true

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

El Gringo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:44 pm Should've gone to spec savers, or at least ebay...
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-140mm-Fl ... ctupt=true

Cheers,
Ouch !! Don't ya hate that :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yup...
Just paid $40 for the same thing... and just two! :( :evil:

Time was they used to be available from truck & 4WD accessory shops... in everything from 30mm to 200mm!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

We are at the block in Mt Pleasant for a few days for some R&R. Gman has already visited the bakery, even asking if I wanted to share his Kitchener bun :x (bast---) needless to say he ate that half for one of his snacks :roll: Good tv reception as well. The trees are further along with their colours turning than the ones back home and this morning it was very foggy until mid morning. Might do a ticky tour tomorrow
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Any chance of a pic Dot. Autumn is usually the best time of the year.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 pm Any chance of a pic Dot. Autumn is usually the best time of the year.
I shall take a few pics but I need to get this machine sorted to do the pics. Jo who knows computers and also Margaret have both had a go but they had no luck either. Just heard a plane over head, must be in the flight path.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.