Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
BernieQ2

Re: Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Post by BernieQ2 »

Bugga Dot in my hast to post I never noticed septic.
BUT we have two concrete tanks for the septic one the main one where all the "goodies" go the other it is where the now much better "goodies " end up before being pumped to the absorbsion trench's (I have three)
Have always had concrete septic tanks in the last 40 years never had a problem .
Bernie .
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Poly water tanks have been on the market now for long enough to conclude they do seem to be as long lasting as the old corrugated ones. Will, they last as long as the original old concrete ones? Hard to say.
Transfer that logic to septic tanks where UV is not an issue and I see no logical reason why they wouldn't last as long as the concrete ones.
What kind of price difference is there? Is it significant?
Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ray, there are other things to see and do in Rutherglen other than wine. ;)
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Really Dot?
FIVE years here and I hadn't noticed...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Poly tanks in the ground might be structurally weak and may collapse. .... just thinking.
bob r

Post by bob r »

When i had the earthmoving business in Sydney we put a lot of plastic septic tanks in that was forty plus years ago but I guess they were all pulled out when the sewer arrived so i don't know if they will last or not.

Bob
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:31 pm Poly tanks in the ground might be structurally weak and may collapse. .... just thinking.
With Dottie's reputation for toilet blocking logs, are you suggesting they might break out and go on the rampage through the underground?
But on a more practical note, wouldn't the water pressure inside equal the dirt pressure on the outside, just like a swimming pool?

You could always go for one of those self composting toilets Dottie, with a big vent stack and fan to move the air up and away. Then in a few yrs you will have lovely compost for your garden ..... have you seen the movie "The Martian"? :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

If it's for Mount Pleasant I suggest you read up on that area's council requirements.
Some are tougher than others.
If it the town has a decent system you might not need/be allowed to have one anyway.

Community Wastewater Management Systems

These systems are designed to collect and treat wastewater from each property using a common network. Household effluent passes through a septic tank on the property and into a connection point to the common network. The wastewater treatment may include systems utilising various technologies with the reuse of reclaimed water. These systems are currently available in the townships of Lyndoch,Mount Pleasant, Nuriootpa, Penrice, Springton, Stockwell, Tanunda and Williamstown. Note that not all allotments in these townships are serviced by these systems.

Application Information & Forms

Septic Application Fees 2018/2019

Information Required with your Waste Water Application

On-Site Wastewater Works Application Form
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

G man rang the Mt Pleasant council and spoke to the Health & Safety person and she said that the poly septic tank is on their list of approved ones so one thing sorted.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

What a day, as usual slept most of the day but also got news my Brother in law fell off the perch yesterday, finally his heart chucked it in. No great loss to me as he was my thieving sisters husb and also was a nasty drunk whom I had no time for. Also got email from my friend in NZ to say his wife was now in palliative care and her days are limited, she like many others doesn't deserve to die so young and from this nasty disease the BIG C. Too many people have terrible diseases and it makes me wonder more and more about what's what ??? The human race seems to be lacking Empathy in just about every field of living things, is it the newer generation not having any responsibilities at all so they don't learn??? Arhhhh the world according to "white pussy" is for want of a better word STUFFED. End of rant
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

And to add to this ........... my dear mother would have been 100 yesterday too ......... :o :o
Life is short.... live it up while you're here!!!
:) :lol: 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA