Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Re: Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Post by Dot »

Dot & Helen having a lemon moment???
Helen & Dot August 2018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

so now you're making lemonade :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

OK it took us 2 days to get to our destination i.e Coomealla Club, Motel and caravan park resort... :lol: Just out of Mildura. Took off from home yesterday and stopped at Loxton last night. 180ks doneBBBBrrrrrrrrr twas cold. Today Sunday hit the road after lunch and finished off the remaining 174ks. Had drive through put aside for us but hmmmmm as usual the 1950 sized ones so we found ourselves one that suited us :lol: Rather clean & tidy place, G checked out the loos, showers etc as he does, said clean and would do the job.. The manager is very helpful and friendly which also makes a difference. Any way I am stuffed so time for a nananap .
BTW David, did you see the pic of me & HTFFBO? :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Just got home from a weekend in Melbourne. It was cold and windy, but we survived. The smoke alarm on our floor in the hotel went off at 7.00am Saturday morning. That was exciting. NOT.
Now I know what Helen looks like. Thanks Dot
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:56 pm Just got home from a weekend in Melbourne. It was cold and windy, but we survived. The smoke alarm on our floor in the hotel went off at 7.00am Saturday morning. That was exciting. NOT.
I understand they are at Nerang ???? near you at all???? Hmmmm fire alarm to get you up in the morning hey? ;)
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Yep, Nerang is pretty close by. It doesn't usually take a fire alarm to get me moving in the morning, but at 7.00am yesterday morning I was still contemplating keeping them closed for another hour or so. Melbourne is usually a bit bleak that early in the middle of winter. But it was Ok, until it rained later on. That's about when I remembered why I had moved to Qld.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:56 pm Just got home from a weekend in Melbourne. It was cold and windy, but we survived. The smoke alarm on our floor in the hotel went off at 7.00am Saturday morning. That was exciting. NOT.
Spent a mth there one winter week-end and decided it definitely wasn't the place for me. Mannum gets cold but not wet very often, it does have a lot of good things about it that more than make up for the cold and we can finally pump out of the river now after a week-end of Bruce's help to get a set up that works, so the lack of rain isn't so much of an issue now 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1, Would it be fair to assume then, that there is no reticulated water system in beautiful downtown Mannum, and you draw you water supply from the river?
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'll answer that!
Yes Terry does have a connection to 'town water supply' even though he lives quite some distance out from the town.
Like all town water supplies it is dearer than many alcoholic drinks.
As his lodgings border the River (or rather a backwater off the River) he is entitled to unlimited amount of water for general use. (lawns, toilet, washing cars etc etc)
One problem he has/had is that his home is on one side of a pretty busy road & the water is on the other side.
There is a pipe/culvert under the road to allow water pipes or maybe power cable??
If a pump was installed on the River side would it stay there or go walk about?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

This mob sell GPS tracker.

Their shop is on Aliexpress. There are many types.

Buy the 3G version and the perpetual SW licence.

An Aldi $30 SIM and you're good to go. Well recommended.

http://www.iconcox.com/products/gv20-3g ... acker.html

The SW/Application is pretty good. You can see the location via a smart phone and google maps or send an SMS and get the return location link. Click on it and see it on google.

Some have fences and ignition cut offs etc.