I'd kill for....

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Vik351

Re: I'd kill for....

Post by Vik351 »

I imagine the watt range would be similar,but with mine you just adjust the heat range wanted to over-ride the pre set controls. Harri scraza on special ,
Saved $250 with this model. cant beat Harri scazza for their specials me thinks...
Should be coming up now... :shock: :shock: :P

vik... door busters...!!!
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not cheap but well worth buying the Phillips big unit like we bought if you want to do serious cook ups like a roast or meals for a group, yet still be able to cook for 1 or 2 people. The smaller units like Vik's are good as far as the tumbler for doing chicken bits and chips etc but a bit small for bulky things like a roast chook or pork roast or a heap of roast vegies. There isn't a lot of difference in he foot print between the small unit and large unit so that doesn't really account for much and no matter which unit you buy it's my guess it will require 2400w at some stage of its operation. The Phillips is an electric element like on an electric stove, the one like Vik's is a halogen globe, they both use a fan to circulate the heat through the cooking area but I've never turned anything over in the Philips unit, it just cooks both sides and sometimes the underside a bit more than the top.
As far as chips goes, we cut the potato and throw it in, never even thought of soaking it in water and don't spray anything on them now as they cook up great without any oil added. We sometimes give the basket a shake to toss them around a bit so the sides laying on another chip get exposed, but that is only if we remember :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

''tanks 'here---
After reading all about these air cooker things I have purchased this:

10L-Air-Fryer-6-8-Function-Convection-Oven-Cooker-Turbo-Healthy-Rotisserie-1300W

The thing comes with 6 bits --cages, baskets, rotisserie pegs etc.
The ebay price was reduced from $359 to $105.99 courier delivered. (that's two packs of cigs)
I think the no oil cooking of my fries and chips will be a benefit to my health, plus I can have a go at doing a chook instead of preheating the electric oven and all of the household fiddle that goes with that way of cooking.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Just got back from town so called into Hardly Normal to check out these things, came out totally confused. reckon we might get the multi cooker thingo as it is also an airfryer, a slow cooker and a frypan all in the one item. Didn't like the temp settings on some of these things they were numbers 1-2-3-etc So back to the drawing board and figure this out.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Air cookers, huh?
Uh, what does cooked air taste like? 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 pm Air cookers, huh?
Nothing Ray Nothing :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bet it’s great for weight watchers! :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

I used to have a cup of steam for breckie... :(

Not any more since the Air fryer...!!!

vik... 8-)
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Fat free, unlike the air in any of the fast food places .... but it can be a tad smoky if things being cooked in cooked air splatter fat onto the element, but it adds a smoked flavour to the stuff being cooked cause the air is pulled in across the element, cooked, and then circulated around the food in the basket :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO