I'd kill for....

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

Re: I'd kill for....

Post by GoinBush »

Jo Caloundra wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:38 pm Hey Goin Bush, I'm hearing you, ,,,!!!where and when did you last have fish and chips like you described?

Cheers from Jo
Hi Jo :) The last time would have been in Geelong, up until the early 90's. Boundary Rd East Geelong. Charles St Newcomb. Watson's Rd Newcomb. I don't know if any of them still exist but I'm pretty sure the original owners are well gone.
Jo Caloundra

Post by Jo Caloundra »

Hello GoinBush, your description of the s/steel batter bowl fitted with the greek owned fish and chip shop Seymour st Traralgon 1980s. An Oz wide search has only once come close, Ulverstone Tas about 3 years ago. Looks like we must all head for Newcastle😊
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

I'd rather head for Tassie, my dream place 😍😍😍

Welcome to the funny farm by the way :D
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Borella Rd, Albury, near the Hospital...
You pick the piece of FRESH fish from the refrigerated window & they cook it for you on-the-spot!
Chips are crispy outside & fluffy inside... also cooked to order, not held in a basket over the DFF to keep warm from 9 O'clock that morning...
A (supposedly) single-serve Fisherman's Basket ($9.00) is enough for both of us! :D
Great lunch when I have to visit the flash new Regional Cancer Centre!!! Better than the Hospital Food sangers. :(
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

We recently purchased an air fryer (Phillips 45 ltr) and I've gotta say, even frozen chips and crumbed or battered Aldi fish come out well when cooked this way. We took the air fryer away with us in the Mazda for a trail run, cooked up chips, steaks, lamb chops, roast vegie etc for a group on more than one occasion and the seasoned crumbed fresh flathead fillets from a fish caught in Lake Illawarra by one of the group were probably the best fish I've had for a very long time.... still didn't equal the lightly floured pan cooked sword fish fillets we cooked up in Brissie all those yrs ago, but close 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Starving here. :( :( :(
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:58 pm We recently purchased an air fryer (Phillips 45 ltr) and I've gotta say, even frozen chips and crumbed or battered Aldi fish come out well when cooked this way. We took the air fryer away with us in the Mazda for a trail run, cooked up chips, steaks, lamb chops, roast vegie etc for a group on more than one occasion and the seasoned crumbed fresh flathead fillets from a fish caught in Lake Illawarra by one of the group were probably the best fish I've had for a very long time.... still didn't equal the lightly floured pan cooked sword fish fillets we cooked up in Brissie all those yrs ago, but close 8-)
Hazza Scrazza has the 10 L Smiff and nobel one on the spesh , includes rotisserie :o 8-)

I read Bruce had a rotiss and all was good ...

http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/electric ... b/p/542132

my solar gunna run the beast...???

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

vik351 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 am
T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:58 pm We recently purchased an air fryer (Phillips 45 ltr) and I've gotta say, even frozen chips and crumbed or battered Aldi fish come out well when cooked this way. We took the air fryer away with us in the Mazda for a trail run, cooked up chips, steaks, lamb chops, roast vegie etc for a group on more than one occasion and the seasoned crumbed fresh flathead fillets from a fish caught in Lake Illawarra by one of the group were probably the best fish I've had for a very long time.... still didn't equal the lightly floured pan cooked sword fish fillets we cooked up in Brissie all those yrs ago, but close 8-)
Hazza Scrazza has the 10 L Smiff and nobel one on the spesh , includes rotisserie :o 8-)

I read Bruce had a rotiss and all was good ...

http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/electric ... b/p/542132

my solar gunna run the beast...???

vik...
Not until it's actually fitted to the motorhome, wired up along with batteries and an inverter big enough to run it.... but apart from that, no worries :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/electric ... 0/p/531784

Hmmm...???

Just a few bob in it... :?: :?: :?:

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

You need to go to Tumby Bay ( SA )
Best fish'n chips we had for a looooooong time
Making sure to call in there on the way home

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.