Off Fb (a name there rings a bell)

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Off Fb (a name there rings a bell)

Post by Dot »

Free Choice Camping shared a post.
1 hr ·
THIS STORY IS CAUSING A STORM

And rightly so in our opinion however when going to the original source on Caravaners Forum it is based on a phone call and an "apparently". One has to ask about the creditability of the story and behoves us all, that if we are going to make statements on a public forum we need to be sure

Caravanning NewsLike

10 hrs ·
GREY nomads have reportedly launched a loud campaign to protest about the $10-a-night overnight camping fee at Carmila Beach in north Queensland. "Retired John" wrote on the web-based Caravaners Forum: "Apparently RVs of all sorts have adapted the attitude of tooting the horn as they drive right on by so the people are aware of just how many people are now bypassing the tiny town. I thought it was a great idea and could be adapted to other places that are not RV friendly." But fellow members have slammed the idea and have called for the noisy protesters to be fined. "I am horrified at the suggestion of tooting the horn just to annoy people," wrote one. "The caravanning-motorhoming public get a bad enough from the actions of a few inconsiderate people, but to suggest something like this will see that bad reputation enhanced." It was suggested travellers should contact local businesses and urge them to raise the issue with the local council.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Lance

Re: Off Fb (a name there rings a bell)

Post by Lance »

Yeah it's been referenced on several forums apparently Dot and the OPer on CF has vowed never to post again..........again :roll:
Damn rediculouse idea that was mentioned and I'm afraid I agree with the majority posts rubbishing the original report.
The word "Troll" comes to mind :(
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Lance wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 pm Yeah it's been referenced on several forums apparently Dot and the OPer on CF has vowed never to post again..........again :roll:
Damn rediculouse idea that was mentioned and I'm afraid I agree with the majority posts rubbishing the original report.
The word "Troll" comes to mind :(
Ditto to all :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Did ya pick up on my Yanky accent on "Troll" ?
Lance & Annee
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

haha glad you put it in the Banal section!
Bad when a moderator on a forum feeds the troll too? (not!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Lance

Post by Lance »

Yeah, probably should have kept out of it so action could be taken later on if necessary.
Due to be closed down I'd imagine.
Lance & Annee
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

This so called "retired John" has caused a few minor irritations over there at times. I would take anything that he says with a whole salt shaker, not just a grain of salt. Don't understand who they expect to be giving the message to, by hooting at people who are staying in the town and who are happy to pay the huge sum of $10 per night to enjoy their stay. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We would gladly pay the $10, knowing the Council is putting it to good use providing facilities for travellers like us.
It's the towns where the Council forces us to use the (private enterprise) CPs we avoid. If the CP is council-run (not leased to private management), we'll sometimes use them... they're usually in small towns, and most often not crowded.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields