Money and Self-isolation

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
native pepper

Re: Money and Self-isolation

Post by native pepper »

What I've said is already happening, this just popped just after I posted. If we don't stop it coming into Aus societies, then we have to make sure it isn't brought into cities. If it gets out, it will contaminate huge numbers and at the moment it is not that deadly, but they are seeing each mutation increasing the contamination rates and also the long term damage it causes, let alone the growing death rate.

"A hotel security guard who sparked a mass lockdown in Western Australia has contracted the highly contagious UK variant strain of COVID-19, authorities have revealed."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-01/ ... s/13107976
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I don't think scare mongering about infection possibilities or hear say about vaccines causing more problems than they prevent is a responsible approach to pushing a point of view.
Remember, they quarantined all those people on one of the cruise ships only to have the virus spread out of control, a settled approach is needed, not knee jerk reactions

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

There's nothing scaremongering in my posts, what I've said can be read on most news site around the planet and it is a fact that the more virulent variety is what the security person has tested positive to and may be in the community and lets hope it's not.

This virus escaping from city hotel quarantine is happening around the country and world, not fake news but a reality and they are not having great success in stopping it happen. Much better to get it out of population areas then we would be prepared for the long term Scientists have been saying for decades the more people that are on the earth, the more chances of us being attacked by viruses and we are seeing that develop over the last couple of decades. Sars and another one came before corona, so it's logical to think that there will be more. Being prepared is much better then having to lock down areas of the country inconveniencing everyone, when isolating new arrivals a long way from the population, ensures society can continue unaffected. Now we have no assurance, just hope and that's not working very well in this case.

Just suggesting things anyway, seem more of the same isn't really working and the same approach on the cruise ship is what we are seeing now with quarantining. Will leave it at that, would be nice to hear any suggestions which would stop the current repetition of breakouts from quarantine we are seeing.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Some people are prepared to totally ignore current facts to push their own barrow ???
Juat silly to expect remote quarantine facilitiles to be set up overnight.
And still ignores how much virus is in this country at the moment.
Wish that poster would check per capita infections, but of course that would screw their argument so that don't happen.
Lots of people, like all the tennis players, glad to be here.
Stop hiding behind keyboard if you can do better, get out and do it !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I don't have a barrow to push, just making suggestions and to be honest couldn't care less what happens to the rest of the planet, we can get along without society for a few years and I enjoy isolation and living with the land. Talk to anyone who has had this virus and you'll soon learn it's not over in 14 days or weeks, know a couple who contracted it in the Nth W of Tas in March/April last year, had pretty mild symptoms but they have not recovered yet and struggle some days to get out of bed. The medical profession has no answers for them other than it will pass and take this drug and hope you improve. It's pretty clear suggestions are not acceptable to the majority and per capita stats mean nothing in the real world, as they can be made to represent anything you want.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:03 am I don't have a barrow to push, just making suggestions and to be honest couldn't care less what happens to the rest of the planet, we can get along without society for a few years and I enjoy isolation and living with the land. Talk to anyone who has had this virus and you'll soon learn it's not over in 14 days or weeks, know a couple who contracted it in the Nth W of Tas in March/April last year, had pretty mild symptoms but they have not recovered yet and struggle some days to get out of bed. The medical profession has no answers for them other than it will pass and take this drug and hope you improve. It's pretty clear suggestions are not acceptable to the majority and per capita stats mean nothing in the real world, as they can be made to represent anything you want.
Everyone knows, 73.5% of all statistics is made up ..... :lol: But if you really didn't care, then why make the posts starting lunch time yesterday criticising how the quarantine has been handled and putting forward your own ideas on how it should have been handled?

As for "Struggling to get out of bed in the mornings" my doctor puts it down to "Too many birthdays disease" a well accepted medical condition suffered by the majority of the population at some stage in their life ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Terry, Thought it was all about making conversation, or isn't that allowed by those who disagree with just about everything, that is not from the ruling elites and either makes them think outside their narrow view point, or reveals some verifiable facts they can't handle, or prefer to deny in the hope reality is wrong. They are not my ideas any logical thinking person could see that removing contaminated people from population areas would mitigate the spread and allow life to continue. Have been told many times I'm a lateral thinking realist, whatever that means, but my way of thinking sure gets me into trouble as very few can handle different approaches and understanding, so they denounce and attack.

But that's ok, it's the reason I was reluctant to join and normally steer clear of forums because of the entrenched bias and prejudice against difference. It seems here, where you all brag about how free and inclusive it is, but when it comes to the crunch and someone puts alternative views that others don't like, you're really no different to those forums you denounce. One has to stick to the accepted line or it's not acceptable. Much like Eddie McGuire and his claims of not being a racist and very inclusiveness, yet when you peel back the facade and reveal the true reality, it's the opposite and stinks. We only have to look in a mirror to see the truth of what we really are, compared to what we want to believe.

But I suppose boring repetitiveness and no rocking the boat are all that count, which is sad that people are so scared of different opinions and all they can do is attack and abuse, rather than think and investigate. Something I've put up with all my life and still find it pathetic. I love hearing different opinions, viewpoints and approaches, looks like that's not acceptable here, or no one has one.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:01 pm All these lock downs could be avoided and life in Aus could go on without trouble, if we had people with brains running the country and states. All they have to do is quarantine people outside population areas in out of the way places far from other people and that would solve the problem instantly. But they are desperate to support their donors and vested interests, so they are willing to jeopardise people health and the economy to support idiocy.

It may cost a lot of money, but this virus won't be the last and as we had isolated quarantine in Aus for generations, why not now. Our leaders have the lowest intelligence in the country and that also goes for all leaders worldwide, but they get elected which shows the mental state of society, stuffed big time.
Maybe starting a post out with "In my opinion" might show these were your thoughts, not an attack on those who had made the hard decisions. Suggesting they were without the brain power to come up with the same ideas as you and then suggesting they were motivated by vested interests doesn't actually help you in your claim to be "non bias" and that you are "only making conversation". In past experience, and this is only my experience so it might not be the same for everyone, to start a conversation with deriving comments and attacking the motives is more aimed at starting an argument rather than a logical discussion ...... just my view on the way this thread went downhill .....
Attack might be the best form of defence, but trying to back pedal and claim it wasn't an attack if it doesn't go the way you wanted, is a political tactic that rarely works, just ask Donald ......

T1 Terry
Busman

Post by Busman »

Hear, hear.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Dot

Post by Dot »

NP. Please don't judge this forum the same as the others. Only a few disagreements have gone down to a "toxic" level but that is the way of the humans.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.