Logic or what? (from fb)

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Logic or what? (from fb)

Post by Dot »

🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️
About that Covid-19...
Me AT GROCERY STORE:
Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
Me : but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?📷📷
Cashier: no words. Confused look. 📷
Me : Why Dont you pack the grocery bags anymore?
Cashier : Because of covid 19 to reduce the spread of catching or spreading the virus.
Me : But a shelf packer took it out of a box and put on the shelf, a few customers might of picked it up and put back deciding they Dont want it, I put it in my trolley then on the conveyer belt, YOU pick it up to scan it.. But putting it in a bag after you scan is risky??
Cashier : no words, confused look 📷
Me AT DRIVE-THRU
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)
Me: why is my bag of food on a tray?
Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
Me: didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray? 📷📷
Server: no words. Confused look. 📷
Me in SOCIETY
Society ; If you cough or sneeze do it in your elbow or sleeve,
Also society : Dont shake hands or hug anyone or you will spread the virus..
To greet people do an elbow tap instead.
Me : Elbow tap 📷? Isn't that where you tell people to sneeze or cough? into their elbow? Now you want people to tap each other with that elbow 📷
wouldn't it be safer to sneeze into elbow and shake hands like we did before Covid 📷
Me AT RESTAURANT:
Hostess: ok, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
Me: what happens when I get to the table?
Hostess: you can take off the mask.
Me: then it is safe over there?
Hostess: yes.
Me: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?📷📷 Hostess: no words. Confused look.📷
SOCIETY : You are not allowed to stand and drink at the pub or pokies you have to sit down.
But at the shopping centre you are not allowed to sit down, all the chairs are roped off.
Who thinks this shit up?
Life is hard for logical people right now. We are being raised without the ability to process and execute logic 📷
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Logic or what? (from fb)

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:11 pm 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️
About that Covid-19...
Me AT GROCERY STORE:
Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
Me : but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?📷📷
But with the plastic on the keyboard it can be regularly sanitised without the moisture wrecking the internal electronics .... wouldn't a logical person have deduced that without needing to ask the check out operator who doesn't have a degree in medicine or a doctorate in social behaviour, they just operate a check out and use the rhetoric their supervisor told them to use. But then a logical person would have realised this and not bothered to try and make a name for themselves on Farcebook ;) :D
Cashier: no words. Confused look. 📷
Me : Why Dont you pack the grocery bags anymore?
Cashier : Because of covid 19 to reduce the spread of catching or spreading the virus.
Me : But a shelf packer took it out of a box and put on the shelf, a few customers might of picked it up and put back deciding they Dont want it, I put it in my trolley then on the conveyer belt, YOU pick it up to scan it.. But putting it in a bag after you scan is risky??
The shelf packer uses disposable gloves and sanitiser, so does the check out operator, that is policy, but the check out operator doesn't need to expose themselves to even more risk by placing the items in a bag and risk the air displaced from the bag arriving in their face complete with any Covid you and other shoppers have deposited on the items
Cashier : no words, confused look 📷 I think the look may have been more like, "and they let these people breed and walk amongst us" condensed into a look of confusion as to why people like this aren't in lock down for the good of society ;)
Me AT DRIVE-THRU
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)
Me: why is my bag of food on a tray?
Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
Me: didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray? 📷📷We all use disposable gloves and sanitiser, we have no idea what regime you use so the tray is to protect me from you
Server: no words. Confused look. 📷As above
Me in SOCIETY
Society ; If you cough or sneeze do it in your elbow or sleeve,
Also society : Dont shake hands or hug anyone or you will spread the virus..
To greet people do an elbow tap instead.
Me : Elbow tap 📷? Isn't that where you tell people to sneeze or cough? into their elbow? Now you want people to tap each other with that elbow 📷
wouldn't it be safer to sneeze into elbow and shake hands like we did before Covid 📷And this is why those on the frontline need to go the extra yards to avoid catching what ever you have ..... can you really cough or sneeze onto the outside of your elbow? If I saw you achieve this feat, I certainly wouldn't elbow tap with you ;)
Me AT RESTAURANT:
Hostess: ok, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
Me: what happens when I get to the table?
Hostess: you can take off the mask.
Me: then it is safe over there?
Hostess: yes.well for me anyway. I've been protected from your breath and social comments ... if it were up to me you would have to keep the mask on and eat through a straw, but I only work here
Me: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?📷📷 Hostess: no words. Confused look.📷Why do you think I wear a mask?
SOCIETY : You are not allowed to stand and drink at the pub or pokies you have to sit down.
But at the shopping centre you are not allowed to sit down, all the chairs are roped off.
Who thinks this shit up?Ya got me, if people stood shoulder to shoulder breathing on each other for hrs at a time while shopping, the Covid Marshal for that store would be in serious trouble
Life is hard for logical people right now. We are being raised without the ability to process and execute logic 📷Life is hard enough for front line workers without people coming up with this poorly thought through diatribe that will be picked up and shared by people who don't think through what you posted ... not that is the part that worries me, people who can not process and execute logic but rather post this sort of stuff on Farcebook in an attempt to get 5 mins of fame ....

Sorry Dottie, couldn't resist :lol: I bet you aren't game to put that up as a reply on Farcebook ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Oh Terry,
I did put your response up so there. ;) ;)
I understand your thinking /logic but I reckon your tech explanations may be a bit too difficult for a lot of people to understand and act upon. By the time instructions come from the top to the work face, some of the original intent may have been lost .Anyway I got your mind working for the day. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Copped the elbow at bowls and refused, said if you are not willing to shake hands no thanks.

Logical reasons

You go through the plastic strip curtain after me where it has been touched by my hands, face and clothes.

Fact, Virus can stay on clothes for 6 weeks, on skin for six days O and you and I also breathed going through thus leaving our breath on the curtain.

We touched the same handle hoing to the toilet, most likely stood in the same area having one, touched the same soap pump and tap handle.

Used the same door handle as each other to go out.

Gave our cash fees to the collectors and received change that some one else gave then and then did the same at the raffle table taking tickets the seller separated by licking his fingers.

We then go out the same exit door with plastic strips and repeat the procedure mentioned earlier.

I could go on and on so please grow some balls and shake hands and do not offend me with your stupidity. He was up set but sh it happens and I did not care.

Yes Dottie it is crap and the sooner we tell theses idiots the better.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

If you choose to just wave to me ok, if you choose to just say hello that is ok but do not get offended when I offer my hand.

Thank you have a great week.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Yes Bruce a bit like a mushroom no thanks.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Well, we have 17 new cases of Covid in a state that was for so long Covid free, so not keeping up the new normal as far as social interactions has caught us out yet again.
As for the raffle tickets thing, obviously no Covid Marshal or Covid training or that simply wouldn't happen, the toilet door has been a contentious issue for ever in the hospitality industry meaning kitchen staff have to wash their hands a second time when they re-enter the kitchen .... the labyrinth enter with no door should be mandatory for all public toilets, poor health dept regulations and design thought is to blame there .... and poor thought through building codes as well ....

As for the plastic fly strips in common access entry/exit points in public places, I believe this is illegal in NSW so maybe SA is a bit behind. The air blower down across the doorway with baffling designed to push the flies out after they are dislodged from there perch and blocking the hot air rushing in is the norm where they don't have a foyer with two sets of automatic doors so there is an area between outside and inside so the flies can be separated as well as the hot/cold air outside from the climate controlled air inside.

This third wave should be a wake up call for everyone who has become complacent over the last few mths, the virus is still out there.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:00 pm Oh Terry,
I did put your response up so there. ;) ;)
I understand your thinking /logic but I reckon your tech explanations may be a bit too difficult for a lot of people to understand and act upon. By the time instructions come from the top to the work face, some of the original intent may have been lost .Anyway I got your mind working for the day. :lol: :lol:
On ya Dottie :D :D as far as the explanation being too difficult for those who posts that sort of crap on Farcebook, can't argue with you there Dottie, probably why I don't post on Farcebook at all and stick to these forums where the more intelligent visit .... got banned from the others for putting up a figurative mirror to the nonsense and pure furphies they have posted and they didn't like it much :lol:
The nonsense that goes on in the guise of intelligent comment on Twitterfarce would have me goin' troppo in no time :lol:

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

With you on that one, T1!!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

The nonsense that goes on in the guise of intelligent comment on Twitterfarce would have me goin' troppo in no time :lol:

Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.