What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Greynomad

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Greynomad »

Ours is the reverse: heater unit behind driver, under dinette seat, with the outlet (under the same seat) pointing back towards the bed. (Control, handily, is mounted on the bedhead — SWMBO’s side. 🙄 Great on frosty mornings.)
As the outlet is forward of the kitchen, the whole van is warmed.
Gotta watch where I put my feet while eating, though, otherwise I can get a real hotfoot! 😳😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ours is mounted in a little cupboard under the fridge, with one outlet going forward and another going back into bedroom. The inlet is in the middle so the warm air circulates. I just want a chance to use it again out in the big paddock, but that is at least a few weeks away.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

No reason you can’t use it in the back yard camping 🏕 🚌❤️⛺️
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
VicA

Post by VicA »

I have a problem of location ....mainly because the under floor of the Hino is very cluttered with pipes and cables etc ...some of which i am sure are redundant.....so it is not easy for me ....Also I think I will have to tap the vehicle fuel supply as no room to fit a heater tank ...
What did you do Terry?
Cheers Vic
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Dot,

The fuel hose has to be the right type. Thick walled so it doesn't upset the fuel pump pules.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Warmda-dies ... 2953778927
There is also a limit to how much can be used.

Vic,

I tapped into my tank. Either add a new feed into the tank. (preferred) or T into the fuel lift/suction line before the engine lift pump.
I did it this way, but you must make sure there are no air leaks otherwise the fuel line drains.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Absoultety Bruce.

My reply was to VicA's Hino tank which would have the lift pump mounted on the motor.
VicA

Post by VicA »

Yes that's right ......I am thinking of using one-way valves to stop feed back etc .......
Still have to plan it yet ......climb around under the bus for a bit and see what I can work out .
Thanks
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Brucie2 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:32 pm Jon the Iveco & no doubt other brands actually have a fuel pump inside the fuel tank on immediately above it so 'due dilgence' is needed.
Of course an older Hino would be old school?
The "older Hino" injection system is not self bleeding, so any air leaks would stop the Hino rather unexpectedly and the diesel heater as well. In my opinion, the possibility of far more problems than any short cut might provide.
I'd still go with the separate tank, you can run the fuel the heater likes and clean the fuel lines etc at the end of each season.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

VicA wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am I have a problem of location ....mainly because the under floor of the Hino is very cluttered with pipes and cables etc ...some of which i am sure are redundant.....so it is not easy for me ....Also I think I will have to tap the vehicle fuel supply as no room to fit a heater tank ...
What did you do Terry?
Cheers Vic
The inverter type air conditioner outside unit is mounted above the engine door and over the rear window. We slotted the heater fuel tank between the aircon unit and the rear window, mounted the heater unit on the left hand side floor facing east/west virtually against the wall of the hump that makes up the left hand locker beside the engine. The fuel pipe passes through this area beside the engine, we used a steel "L" bracket that was located in that area to bolt the rubber mount for the fuel pump and that really stopped any noise transfer, the exhaust and muffler go out in the same direction but under the chassis with the exhaust pipe out past the rear bumper. The air inlet is also up in the same area with a Victa lawn mover round air filter on the intake of the silencer to keep the dirt and bugs out.
The hot air outlet goes beside the wheel arch and comes out towards the left of centre of the bed base board, the intake is just a hole up near the engine box wall through the left hand under bed storage area that has the left hand water tank and a few cables inside ... to hard to access so not much stored in there. The tunnel up between the right hand under bed storage locker and the left hand under bed storage area is open at the front so boxes can be slide up in there and dragged out using a hooked rod.
The control unit is in a cupboard on the left hand side of the bed foot board so it is sort of centrally located, then the remote keychain fob works from the front or while in bed 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
VicA

Post by VicA »

Thanks Terry for your information .......my bus has single beds so has to be in one or the other .....I still have to look for a place to make the hole in the floor ...too many other jobs at the moment ......rained a bit today so that slowed the show ......maybe i will have to fit a tank somewhere or make a separate access to the bus diesel tank ......nothing decided at the moment .......I have a heater in the canter and it is great....but as we are approaching summer the heater is not so urgent..
Will update when i have it all planned

cheers Vic