What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Chuck

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Chuck »

Oh yeah... bloke arrived mid morning to collect the van & take it down to 'Used Trailer World' at Heathcote. Nice elderly pensioner type fella with his mate in the car - dog, also called Chuck - fancy that.

As he drove off...

I saluted... :D

She cried... :(
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Chuck wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:48 pm Oh yeah... bloke arrived mid morning to collect the van & take it down to 'Used Trailer World' at Heathcote. Nice elderly pensioner type fella with his mate in the car - dog, also called Chuck - fancy that.

As he drove off...

I saluted... :D

She cried... :(
End of travelling or are you thinking of upgrading to a motorhome or campervan ;) :lol: If you are ever travelling down this way, the guest room at our house is always available if Dottie kicks you out :twisted:

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Sad to see the end of your travelling days but it is one less worry you have. What you do have is wonderful memories and all the fabulous friends you have made on your travels who don’t care about the conveyance you arrive in for a stay at their place. As previously said, there is a bed here for your trips north and/or south.

PS. Jill and David have been our wonderful hosts for our Brisbane sojourn last and probably the next ones.

Cheers
Lesley
Our blog: http://nussbaumerweb.wordpress.com
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Drove her to a cp at Mt Pleasant, a whole hrs drive :lol: Good market on here tomorrow. Might have to control the manic spending sprees or not as the case may be. ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:29 pm
End of travelling or are you thinking of upgrading to a motorhome or campervan ;) :lol: If you are ever travelling down this way, the guest room at our house is always available if Dottie kicks you out :twisted:

T1 Terry & Margaret
Nah Terry... all done.

Three problems really, my back is not getting any better even though most days are manageable, the times where I just need to sit in my 'office' chair are becoming more noticeable.

Then there is the issue with the re-occurrence of the prostate cancer albeit quite small readings but now accompanied by a secondary spot on my right hip which has been diagnosed as 'possibly' bone cancer. These are currently being 'contained' with 3 monthly injections of Zolodex - whatever it is it apparently puts the cancer in both sites into limbo/sleep mode as long as I keep with the injections. Numerous side effects of this treatment not the least being lethargy... & it seems to be getting slightly worse every few injections... not a good scenario for traveling.

Finally there is the situation with the house. Our 10 years of traveling have been supplemented by our eldest daughter living in the house & paying electricity & rates which helped with our budget. At the end of our travels, 2 years ago, she moved out with our sincere thanks & we picked up the mundane - by comparison - life of residential living, the main benefit being close proximity to our Dr's & so far it is going reasonably well.

We're hoping that we may be able to make the occasional trips of a few weeks at a time - we'll see.

Keep smiling.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Best of luck with the cancer treatments, they look to be moving ahead with control of certain types lately so that could lead to arresting and maybe even reversing them. Something I discovered quite by accident when I picked up the "new to me" Prius from Sydney and drove it back to Mannum last week, heated seats, fantastic for back pain, it just melts away and allowed me to drive back in real comfort and not require days to recover. Stopped a lot of the leg pains I'd normally have if I sat for that long as well. Might be worth a try

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Sounds like an application for electric undies T1. Perhaps there is money in them?
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi Chuck. If you are ever over this way again there is a lot of friendly accommodation available including our place. We also have full moons over here. In fact there is one coming up in a couple of days. Cheers to both of you. John and Faye
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Thanks to all of you for the kind responses & offerings of spare rooms etc.

Friends... :D

Wow... :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

bagmaker wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 pm Sounds like an application for electric undies T1. Perhaps there is money in them?
Ummm.... isn't just about all money in circulation in Australia plastic now? Money in heated undies could cause a few problems :shock: