What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
jon_d

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by jon_d »

It seems to be on a permanent lean forward...... that finally explains the avatar. :lol:
stopping it rolling forward.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

jon_d wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm It seems to be on a permanent lean forward...... that finally explains the avatar. :lol:
stopping it rolling forward.
Finaly someone worked out the avvie...!!! 10 outa 10...!!!

vik... :cry:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I hosed and broomed the roof, washed the exterior and cleaned the windows inside and out then sprayed the roof with mould inhibitor. Finally, checked all lights etc in readiness for annual RWC which is booked in for Monday week.

Now I can get back to removing mould from 70 M2 of timber decking which I will the have to recoat. :cry:

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

To hot for that work today George, leave it till it's cooler.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Spent yesterday and today removing the glued down panels on the roof of the Hino. It is a tad hot up that high in the workshop. Now to get the rest of them off so I can replace them with 6 x 270w Tindo panels. the plan is to both create a summer roof and power the air con 24/7 for the trip to WA and back that we were supposed to be already doing now. Just too hot to do that trip across the middle without the air con, getting too old to handle that sort of continuous heat.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm Spent yesterday and today removing the glued down panels on the roof of the Hino. It is a tad hot up that high in the workshop. Now to get the rest of them off so I can replace them with 6 x 270w Tindo panels. the plan is to both create a summer roof and power the air con 24/7 for the trip to WA and back that we were supposed to be already doing now. Just too hot to do that trip across the middle without the air con, getting too old to handle that sort of continuous heat.

T1 Terry
sounds like a plan ,can ya do it with mine...???

Vik... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

vik351 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:05 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm Spent yesterday and today removing the glued down panels on the roof of the Hino. It is a tad hot up that high in the workshop. Now to get the rest of them off so I can replace them with 6 x 270w Tindo panels. the plan is to both create a summer roof and power the air con 24/7 for the trip to WA and back that we were supposed to be already doing now. Just too hot to do that trip across the middle without the air con, getting too old to handle that sort of continuous heat.

T1 Terry
sounds like a plan ,can ya do it with mine...???

Vik... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
We have an inverter split system air con Vic, not a power hungry rooftop rattler. The hole left where the rattler was mounted we have installed a "Fantastic" fan vent and the Maxxair cowling will be removed and the panels should clear the fan hatch when fully raised.
The long term plan is to replace the fan vent with a ceiling cassette and either a second outside compressor unit or one that can power both the bedroom wall mounted unit and the ceiling cassette.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I wasn’t aware that it was possible to power two outlets from one compressor...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

🤔 T1 invention 🚌
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:12 pm I wasn’t aware that it was possible to power two outlets from one compressor...
:lol: Not a T1 invention, been around for quite some time but they have become very sophisticated these days. I think they will push the house size ducted air con out of the market in the next few yrs
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/mu ... oners.html The Pum(p)y units can handle up to 12 separate head units and these could all be ceiling cassettes making this method far more efficient and quieter than a ducted system. All the leading manufacturers can offer similar equipment, that was just the first one I found

T1 Terry