Bernie and Carols Isuzu fit out.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Bernie and Carols Isuzu fit out.

Post by T1 Terry »

Be sure to mark the positions the pipes come off and photo the valve with the marking tags in place before you remove it. I remember spending hrs trying to figure out what went where on a Volvo prime mover after the owner had decided to save a few $$ by fitting it himself :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Ok back to the future , the bus is up and running again . No air leaks just one niggling little fuel leak that will be attended to tomorrow .
Those pipes were easy Terry just four and could only go on the correct way .
Todays problems : the air treadle valve had a different top to mine (where the brake peddle goes) so I just changed the two over , next setback was the three bolt holes in the "new" treadle unit had different holes to the old one , so I had to drill two to holes to fit not a hard job just fiddly .
Then I thought I could join the four pipes up loosely and mount the treadle unit ...But no wouldn't work so off came the pipes and with Carol inside upside down (what a sight) and me under the bus we managed to get the three bolts in . No pics of Carol... I was threatened .
Then what a pain in the arse to get those four pipes attached no bloody finger room took about a good hour to get them done up .
So then where was back to putting the radiator back in , another job I wished I didn't have to do again again and again...
Up until attaching the engine stop cable the throttle was smooth as when cable on stiff as , so more investigating to be done with that .
And so far the harmonic balance has not come adrift .
My young G/son Chad was a helping hand as well .
Bernie .
DSCF2879 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Let me know how the air pressure is holding up lunch time tomorrow. ;)

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Just for you George but from 8am today to now . I fixed the fuel leak (new washers)
Bernie .
Fixed the cut off cable now I can shut the engine down from inside......novel idea ?
DSCF2880 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BernieQ2 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newcastle George

BernieQ wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:50 pm Just for you George but from 8am today to now . I fixed the fuel leak (new washers)
Bernie .
DSCF2880 (Custom).JPG
What pressure did you have at 8am?

George
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Was up George but didn't take a lot of notice was busy mate .
Bloody throttle cable still sticking ???
Went for a run nothing fell off .
Bernie .
Are you the air controller sheriff ?
I have 5 air tanks under the bus wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have a leak .
Newcastle George

I have a slight leak in mine and I'm endeavouring to get it to the point where I can shut down in the afternoon but still have sufficient pressure next morning to avoid having to run the engine to restore pressure next morning. I want to be able to start the engine and drive off.

George
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Check your water drains under each tank .
Its a dogs breakfast under and near my air tanks .
Bernie .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The non return valve on the line after the wet tank (first tank in line) is the most common cause of over night air pressure loss. All these leaks seem to appear after you stop the compressor being an oil pump rather than an air pump. the Cargo truck had pumped that much garbage through the system the air tank proportioning valve failed in the open position so there was no separate air tank for the maxi brakes. The old truck would hold air pressure for a week before it was fixed, now over night sees the low air light come on
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

"Getting the air up" is the best way to get back at them fool caravanners who insist on a half hour idling then coupling up the rig at 0530. :lol: