What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by T1 Terry »

Nice job Bernie, when did you say you were heading over this way to start on "Rustic Inn Perfection? :lol: Where did you get the rounded corner windows, they look all clear and cloud free now so I'm guessing you replaced them .... or is it a trick of the light from the reflective blanket behind them?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Just hold your breath for a while T1, I'll be over soon... :roll: :lol:

Yep got all new windscreens and Perspex corners done at the same time.
Local company Complete Windscreens did the job.
https://www.completewindscreens.com.au/

They took my old perspex and used it to mould new ones, don't know who they used though.
Pic of it going in.
Perspex..jpg
Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Thanks Bernie, and they're local as well ... sort of anyway.

You and George seem to use the same clocks ..... correct time twice a day but never the time you planned on going to Mannum to do another bus rebuild :lol: Or is a day that ends in with W or R?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Clocks?? What do you use them for?? :lol:

Can't remember the last time I wore a watch - used to never take it off, now I don't even know where it is..
I do have to check the calendar now and then, bin's might not go out to be emptied otherwise.

Cheers,
Bernie B
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Are the windscreens glass or poly carbonate Bernie? I have Lexan windscreens in the bus at the moment but I doubt they'll let them through for rego, even though they are far tougher than glass and used in aeroplanes to protect against bird strike and hail .....

T1 Terry
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Windscreens are automotive laminated, with the correct markings on them and all.
Cost $1750 all up with the perspex and all supplied and fitted with new rubber.
The joins are all done with the proper windscreen bonding stuff they use.
I got some new Stainless covers for the joins which they bonded on as well.
Pretty happy with the job, would recommend them.

Cheers,
Bernie B
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Looking good Bernie.👏👏
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Where abouts in Adelaide are you Bernie ?
Today I was up but not awake at sparrows flatulence and took the bus to the fridge man in Murray Bridge. He pointed out where a censor should be but it wouldn't cause the issues we were having so he gave G a couple of little monitor things and to press a couple of buttons with the fridge working and in a couple of days he will come and get the monitors, stick them in his other machine which hopefully diagnose whats what.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Hi Dot, we are still parked beside dad's house at Seaford SA, pretty much the last bit of 60kph on Main South Road is just around the corner.
Hopefully we will be registered soon and will need to find another place for a couple of months while we wind up all dad's affairs.
Then away we go - well that's the plan anyway.

Sorry to hear about your fridge, but that's one area I have no experience with whatsoever.

Cheers,
Bernie B