What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Chuck

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Chuck »

Cleaned the inside of the van, then removed all the extras we had in the front boot & a couple of other external storage areas.

Have a van/MH trader coming up this morning to check it out. If he wants it I'm well aware that his price will be a lot less than I would like but as the old adage goes... beggars can't be choosers.

Should get here around 10am.....
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Well, that was quick, Eric the trade bloke arrived & we had a quick social chat then down to business.

We knew there were a few visible signs of things needing tidied up, fixed or replaced so after Eric spent about ten minutes going over the van we started talking business.

Being realistic we were hoping for around $38-40K - ended up with $30K... a little disappointing, but after having the van sit in the front yard for 2 years it was probably a reasonable figure.

So that's it folks, no more vanning for us, but would like to hang around here - if that's ok with Bruce.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Some time ago ,someone asked how to remove washing brush scratches from acrylic windows,I tried my new $40 polishing machine with the GEL coat polish that I used to polished the side of the van.After two passes over the entire window (half a minute)the scratches were gone,I can say I was amazed at the ease of the removal. :o :D ......Peter
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Quite alright with me Chuckie & Catriana!!! After all you are a part of the furniture!! ;)
I'm sure after the very extensive Australia wide traveling that you have a lot of helpful advice to share?
I'm not sure if it's OK with Dottie tho??!! :lol: 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

bob r

Post by bob r »

Gee you gotta stick around Chuck......whose gunna put all the jokes up.

Bob
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Yah Chuck !!! as a forom lurker, Your info is invaluable. PS What is that smell........!!!!!!!! CHUCK :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We loves ya, Chuck and Trina. We may well be in the same boat soon. Hope it all goes well and you get a good price for the LC 200 privately. There is always a room here for you. Any time you head this way, there is a bed for you both.

Cheers
Lesley
Our blog: http://nussbaumerweb.wordpress.com
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Macca

Post by Macca »

Lesley they will have two close stops heading nth in the car. We will certainly be visiting south again and they know where we are as well as you folk.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

wayneP wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 pm Yah Chuck !!! as a forom lurker, Your info is invaluable. PS What is that smell........!!!!!!!! CHUCK :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
OUCH!! :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Yeah Bruce, gotta be careful with that Dotty one - especially when she tells you jokes about Undertakers & prawns! :o

Thankyou all for the kind words & we will be delighted to remain part of the family.

xxx
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.