What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm still searching for the vents with the closing set up in them, that way the hot air will only go where I want it. I want one outlet in the bedroom area, one in the shower to act as a clothes dryer area as well as drying out the shower area after use, one in the kitchen area and one or two up front for when we are sitting and reading or computing. Might be handy while driving as well because the engine coolant supplied heater has been disconnected. The pips for it run all the way from the engine in the rear up to the front and one had sprung a leak, so the whole lot was disconnected.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Posts about David's tyre wear have been split off & created a new thread here... viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6217
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

G replaced a fused fuse :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

But did he know why it fused?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Terry,vehicles from the seventies used those type of vents in the dash,would something like those do the job?.....I have been searching feebay and other sites but can't find any of the closing type................................Peter
Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 pm But did he know why it fused?
G here do not know why but the fuse did not so much blow as melted the fuse holder which seems to indicate a heating over some time have managed to replace the fuse sort of. Fingers crossed for a successful repair.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Went to a truck wash at Townsville, tug and 5'er washed really well $148. good job.
Now camped at Coconut Glen CP. $10 pn, no power, parked down the back on lawn, for CMCA members only.

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

2foot6 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm Terry,vehicles from the seventies used those type of vents in the dash,would something like those do the job?.....I have been searching feebay and other sites but can't find any of the closing type................................Peter
I hadn't thought about those, I'll have a look around he wreckers etc, but going back that far might put them into collector status :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:56 pm
2foot6 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm Terry,vehicles from the seventies used those type of vents in the dash,would something like those do the job?.....I have been searching feebay and other sites but can't find any of the closing type................................Peter
I hadn't thought about those, I'll have a look around he wreckers etc, but going back that far might put them into collector status :roll:
I got them here, bought 3 of them, look good, but still haven't fitted them.
http://www.autofrost.com.au/store/index ... uct_id=180

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Vent-Ve ... ctupt=true
Doen't look like you can directly fix the tubing to it though.
BruceS
Mannum, SA