What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Keith Morris

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Keith Morris »

Noggins wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:19 pm After being away at Kalbarri for the last 10 days the SWMBO cracked up about grass bits being tracked into the annexe area and subsequently into the van.
Then I saw the gardener chap blowing the grass into an area to pick it up.
:idea:
Small air blower.

Trip to Super Cheap to replace the impact drill with the exploded chuck, all good, and while looking for an unopened box saw the small air blower ( and it was on a special deal ) so that got bought to keep herself happy, and me not having to keep aware of grass cuttings that dared to invade Her Area ;)
That also added to my collection of appliances from there,( drill, impact gun, angle grinder and now air blower) and to use the 4Th battery and charger already at home.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/too ... 29681.html

Ron
"tanks" here ---Ron,
So all you have to do is buy her a welding helmet for her next birthday. It is good that she can work all of that machinery. Just go away out of range when she is using the angle grinder. She should be ok driving the blower.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Ron I use the Aldi cordless gear and always pack the blower and whipper snipper. Take care Robert
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/too ... 29681.html

Ron
[/quote]
"tanks" here ---Ron,
So all you have to do is buy her a welding helmet for her next birthday. It is good that she can work all of that machinery. Just go away out of range when she is using the angle grinder. She should be ok driving the blower.
Keith
[/quote]

That would be the ideal situation .... but.. ( and there's always a "But" ) guess who will be using the tools :roll:

We have the van split into "Blue" and "Pink" jobs
Blue is my area and all outside jobs have been labelled "Blue", so I just made it easier for me to keep herself happy.

The small grinder I've used once to help out when a key broke off in a padlocked coupling, so I just cut the lock off and accepted a beer for my effort from the happy vanner.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I was lucky enough to spend most of today fitting thermal insulation around the fridge cavity in the Alpine. Also made the most of the opportunity to fit a 240v and a 12v fan into the top vent. I am fully aware that a domestic inverter start 240vac fridge is my best option but finances don't currently permit this. I am also in the process of upgrading the cabling for the solar and fitting a Victron controller and battery monitor/ shunt which Mr Winnebago didn't consider necessary at the factory. Its always fun, but there are a few bits with my DNA on them that weren't there before.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

G ran all the appliances in the bus and also checked the air cons had that dehumidify function and they do. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Camped just nth of Alice Springs enjoying all the work I have done to the van. Cheers
FA6A0D8C-7E45-4B2A-A911-C6C140BFFB25.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

7:15am Removed a front wheel and tyre due to a slow air leak, loaded it into the Terios ready to take to the Tyre joint. I don't wish to get the bus out and in at the moment.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

The tyre fitters replaced the tube, tube protector and complete valve assembly, free of charge.

Bruce, photo below.

Click to enlarge
100_6579 (Custom).JPG
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

G sussing out where to put the diesel heater but needs more tubing than what was supplied,
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes that mite be a problem we put out heater under the bed [emoji932] and face the heat up towards the front of the bus [emoji590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk