What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Dot

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Dot »

Remade the bed
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yesterday: Swept out the cobwebs, fired up the genny, a/c, diesel heater & fridge... making sure they all still worked.
Checked tyres, made sure both gas bottles were full.
This week: Check & pack non-perishable food & clothes, in anticipation of travel sometime in late July/early August.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Added some more noise deadening around the steps.... going to be a quiet bus!
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

We are all getting a bit toey aren't we! :D :D
We still have a few things to do before we get away. But it won't be long :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

David can not go away before the tree is done [emoji848] then fine another couple of jobs around the house [emoji536]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Brucie2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:13 am David you do know that you are never finished doing stuff to motorhomes, don't you? lol :evil:
I'll contact you via PM about advice. :?:
Bruce, I just wish that I had spent a bit more time fixing a few things that would have been so much simpler if I had done it them when I had access to scissor lifts and 6 metre high carports and fall arresters and stuff.
But you live and learn don't you. :roll:

Edit: Bruce check your PM's
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Yesterday was cold but sunny so rolled out the awning and gave it a good clean. Scrubbed the side of the van as well and that is looking good.
Will have to move the van before I can do the other side.

Have some strip lights ready to go on the awing roller today if no rain.

Still have to replace all reflectors around the van and the front vinyl but that is one job when it is a bit warmer and no chance of rain.

Cheers Robert
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

While we have all been waiting for Covid to go away I have been doing a bit of stuff to the Winny.
I have going to clean and recoat the EPDM rubber roof covering for some time now . After speaking to Dale (Campingnut), who also has a rubber roofed Winny I finally worked up the courage to do it. I found a product called Infracote, which is available from Taubmans Trade stores and probably others. It already has the glass microspheres for cooling purposes, so doesn't need any extra. It is recommended for caravan and motorhome roofs.
I cleaned the roof with a pressure wash and then scrubbed it with Resene Roof Wash and Paint Cleaner, then used the Infracote Primer/Sealer. After allowing a 24hr drying period I applied a coat of the Infracote Membrane paint.
The pic below shows the roof after it had been cleaned, scrubbed and the front half had been primed. The pic is from the ladder at the back.
Winny roof half sealed.jpg
I will put up a few more pics when the roof is finished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

While I have been dodging rain drops and waiting for things to dry I have been upgrading our solar regulator and the wiring that is not really up to scratch for what I want. I am running some 16mm flexible back to the batteries and will also install a Victron BMV 712 so I should now be able to tell what is going on with the 12 volt stuff. The original solar wiring just goes back to a junction at the rear of the 12v amp gauge, but unfortunately picks up the wrong side of the gauge so you can't see anything going in. To run the new cable I had to remove the fridge, so can kill two birds with one stone here and actually put some decent insulation around the old Dometic 3 way fridge. Because it is a motorhome nothing is easy, as anyone who has ever worked on either a m/home or caravan will agree. The wiring all runs away from where it needs to go then loops back. That's why I am overkilling it with 16mm flex.
Winny Fridge wiring.jpg
Winny Fridge Insulation.jpg
The first pic shows how the wiring runs down through the cavity.

The second shows the original fridge insulation which is substandard and probably why I have been so disappointed with that 3 way fridge. But time will tell. The 3 holes in the bottom are a copy of the 3 holes in the top which is the only way that hot air can escape. That will be modified before I reinstall the fridge.
It has been said many times that the key to having a successful 3 way fridge is to have a decent installation. Hopefully that will be achieved. Otherwise it will be more solar and a domestic 240v unit will be going in. At least now I know how big the hole is and can work from there if necessary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Good work Dave.

Soon, the beer will be cold and then Bernie can visit.