What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
RobertNotBob

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by RobertNotBob »

And the new rangehood installed.
D3228573-5953-4A16-AE91-706CA1F5028B.jpeg
A136501C-178C-4E49-AB6C-1D4D4D8A2C37.jpeg
So now we can do our normal bush camping with all systems live. Also placed a new 12v double outlet under the awning.

Cheers Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Looks great Robert , happy camping .
Bernie .
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow yes ok thanks for that great job [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Yesterday, with Brian & Margaret's help, the diesel heater was installed and test run with muffler and exhaust extension out the back ready for the DIY exhaust venturi extension bit to take the noise and fumes out above the roof.
To make room for the diesel heater, the left hand water tank needed to be relocated, well actually mounted properly because it appears as though it had slid backwards off the wheel arch and now sat at 45* with the hoses and breather hole facing towards the floor. That at least explained why the water ran out of the left hand side when parked near a gutter so the bus angled that way, all the water from both tanks was draining out across the floor from the breather hole drilled into the end of the tank.
It appears that similar skills to those used in the rest of the internal fitout by the owner Brian bought the bus from had been used here as well because a piece of 4 x 2 with a cross piece on top was found under the tank, must have been the rear tank support. Not mounted to either the tank or the floor, just under the tank, so when it moved rearward while travelling, the whole tank went backwards off the wheel arch. No fitting or hose attached to the breather, just straight out the end of the tank ...... more floor to be replaced at a later day it seems.
This meant a frame was needed to mount the tank and hold it in position, so I fabricated a frame out of angle aluminium bits left over from solar panel mounting and welded it together.
Now the tank slid into the frame, but hit a piece of chip board used as a hold up for the bed frame/locker doors (that couldn't be accessed when the mattress was on the bed :roll: ) Todays event is to modify this piece of chip board so the tank will fit, then that can be replumbed, the bed base reassembled and the mattress back in so Margaret can start to make the bed and reassemble/repack ready for our trip to Cowra on Wednesday ..... that's what the minute is for isn't it, to do all those things that need to be done before you head off :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Sounds like it might have been simpler to jack up the radiator cap and replace what remained on the ground... :?

BTW, with our diesel heater, the exhaust noise was halved by simply curving the exhaust pipe downward do aim the noise at the ground.
(Was pointing straight out the side when originally fitted.)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Our diesel heater has a length of stainless corrugated pipe on the exhaust, which I thought was standard on all the Dometics. It has a sort of gentle radius in it, then curves down similar to Ray's description. It doesn't make that much noise outside, but you can hear it cranking up from inside the M/h.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Is there a chance of a fire with all that plastic on the exhaust?

Please consider something breaking and falling down the stack into the hot pipe.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:11 am Is there a chance of a fire with all that plastic on the exhaust?

Please consider something breaking and falling down the stack into the hot pipe.
Please explain? I didn't bother reading through the gen-turi blurb, but mine would just be bits of exhaust pipe flared at the joins so it slipped together.

If you are talking about the Bunnings bits silencer, that is for the furnace cold air intake, that is why there is an air filter in there as well ...... or were you just fishing for a bit ;) :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

ahhh. the plastic bits. I thought they were the silencer
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

David,
Our exhaust is also convoluted s/steel. Simply a matter of grabbing the (cold!) piping and bending it downward.
No plastic in sight on the exhaust side... so no probs there.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields