Terry's next rig

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
jon_d

Re: Terry's next rig

Post by jon_d »

Terry,

You'll be astonished at the buy prices you get.

eg; I was landing the Honda clones (6.5hp) delivered to my garage door with all taxes, shipping and freight for $95 Aussie (including the motor.)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry did you write that right? clones?? :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Jon and Kay wrote:The viability of importation is heavily reliant on the value of the US$ vs AUD$
The exchange rate is where the money will be lost or made. If you do your very best deal at 75c/US$ and the exchange rate changes to 85c/US$ you have just taken a beating.
Isn't George right, if I make the deal @ $1AUD = $0.85US and the rate drops to $1AUD to $0.75US I suffered a beating but the other way around I come out smiling?
I got caught once trying to stay under the $1,000AUD import value to avoid the GST and the Aussie dollar fell off the cliff while the order was being built, I was $36 over the $1000AUD so had to pay GST on both the product and freight, lost money on the whole thing and swore I'd never do it again...... until next time..... but this time I'm guessing it will come to a tad more than the $1,000AUD :lol:
Even at the bulk factory door buying price the product alone would cost more than we got for the house..... even worse than betting the house on a single deal..... I never was into gambling :?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

At 75c AUD to 1 $US $1000 of batteries will cost $1333, at 85c they will cost $1176
Jon
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Found another rig for you...
19224914.jpg
Just be careful of the first step.. :lol:

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I wonder if that solved the traction problems you often get with the raw horsepower of the mighty VW engine :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

You'll note bike beside it, which is mandatory for a Kombie, just like a ute and trailer is essential for a hog owner.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

You are never stranded for long when you own a Kombi. Kombi owners are a very close community, a Kombi driver will not pass another Kombi broken down on the side of the road but will always stop to lend assistance if they can. Sometimes even ex Kombi owners will stop to lend assistance, they are such iconic vehicles. A Harley broken down on the side of the road is one of those expected things, they draw attention when they roll into town under their own power because it is a rare event :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

That's what Peter ?? sp Falconia thought as well..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.