A little project

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Riverlander

A little project

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. Purchased this only by photos on ebay . Brought it back from Melbourne a few days ago. Very happy how it traveled and although it is a foot shorter than our Compass LE it seemed to pull a bit heavier. Suppose that is because it is built better. Overall we are happy with it and the damage is confined to the combo shower/toilet but there is some water damage that we knew about in the back that is a bit worse than we had hoped. Love the layout and all the room as it has single beds and the build quality is a lot better than the Compass although a bit dated as it is a 90's van. Will set it up for free camping to do the dirt roads up north. Will strip it down and take a few pics as time permits and while part of the cladding is removed I will work out with the help of someone from Mannum what wiring I need for batteries and solar.
Cheers John and Faye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dapope

Re: A little project

Post by dapope »

Hope it was discounted!
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Should come up alright John!
Teach him to try looking at the rear lights without unhooking! What was towing it?
Our friend Collyn could tell you why it did that but we won't ask him, will we? lol
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

I would love to know what happened. Must have bee a wild ride.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, but the father in law had a van that towed evilly. Had been hit in the rear drivers corner. Towed like a pig. We got the wheel alignment checked. Chassis out of line. We had the wheels realigned and it went back to towing beautifully.
Be worth keeping in mind.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

Who sucks eggs?? :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Was it a roo?
(not the eggs, Dot, they are Marsupial)
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

A jack knife I would think. Slight crease on the other side as well and I see there has been some repairs to the front left caravan wheel. Towed well from Melbourne and did not scrub any tyres. Nothing a bit of checker plate won't fix.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Chuck that 3 way while you have good access! ;)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Someone has to ask, what is the piece of white pipe up the side do? Was it part of one of those stink removers for the cassette toilet?
While it is open like that you might even be able to add some genuine insulation rather than the pretend bits of foam sheeting they put in there and call it fully insulated :lol: Looks like an interesting project, photos as it progresses will be very informative as to how these vans are put together.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO