'Tanks' rooftop aircon

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Keith Morris

'Tanks' rooftop aircon

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
I now have approval from the assessor to have the NEW replacement aircon fitted. WHAT A DRAMA !!
Ken Tame sent the claim to the assessor for approval. The assessor then wanted a "contribution" of $990.00 on my part, plus the $200.00 exces, making a total of over $1,200 he wanted me to pay before approval.
The assessor was saying that as the original aircon was over 12 years old the claim had to be reduced by 8% for each year, and I had to pay a "contribution" payment before he would approve the new unit..

I phoned Robyn, [the claims manager at KEN TAME] and she had that fixed up in no time and informed the assessor that the 'contribution' for age of the unit only applied to fusion of electric motors and did not apply to my aircon as it was a total wreck and not a motor fusion problem.
END OF PANIC thanks to Robyn at Ken Tame and a few quiet moments with my friend Jim Beam, and I now have immediate approval for a new DOMETIC HARRIER air con to be fitted to the "TANK" which makes "tanks" a happy little vegemite.

I now have to wait in Maryborough for Hervey Bay Caravans to have a unit shipped up to them from down South [probably Sydney or Melbourne] which will take about 1 week to arrive, and then about 3 hours to remove the damaged aircon and install the new unit.
They also have to replace the lifting arm and gear for the wind-up tv aerial as this was also damaged.

All up, it's about or over $3,800.00 worth of fixing that needs to be done. THANK HEAVEN FOR KEN TAME and my $700 insurance policy. When I paid the renewal I paid the extra $30 odd to protect my no claim status so I an still on level 1. Happy days in Maryborough.
I just have to speak with our Dot and get her to arrange some hot weather in Maryborough in a few weeks time so as I can test the new unit which has all of the update things, like reverse cycle heating, and jet air, and energy efficient things such as inverter something or other, which I am told will run without any problem from the 4.5 kva Onan on board 240 volt .generator .
TIME FOR A WEIS BAR.

Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: 'Tanks' rooftop aircon

Post by BruceS »

Good stuff Keith!

Just have to remember the height thing in future!
You wouldn't be the first!
Some time ago I smashed the windscreen on a new Holden on the canopy of a Port Augusta service station....

(it was on the top deck of my car carrier heading to Perth!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Great news that something good has eventually happened from a damage claim, a new and better air con at a minimal cost. Even if it doesn't get warm enough to try it out you can always put on heat cycle :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

At last good news Tanks, I shall do my best to send you some warm weather :D x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 pm Great news that something good has eventually happened from a damage claim, a new and better air con at a minimal cost. Even if it doesn't get warm enough to try it out you can always put on heat cycle :lol:
"tanks here" ---
I have the diesel heater for when it is cold, but I want to try the heat cycle as well as the cooling action.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
THE GOOD NEWS:-
The man at Hervey Bay Caravans phoned me and has booked me in for Monday 26th June to fit the new aircon and repair the tv wind-up aerial.
This will take about 3 or 4 hours and then back to Maryborough to prepare for the next leg of the trip to Dysart Qld.
I have to stock up on WEIS BARS and Spaghetti for the overnight stops.
We [Selwyn and I] will only take a few days to get to Dysart, about 700km from Maryborough.
I have to be at the house to have the power connected, which will only be an inspection by the Ergon bloke and if all is good the power will be connected and I can start the washing machine and charge up the fridge so as there will be a cold Barb Wire (XXXX) for the visitors.
Any Forum Members who are in the area are more than welcome to drop in for a visit, park up for a few days, recharge the batteries, do the washing, have a hot shower, have a WEIS BAR, mow the lawn, and take "Mr.Russell" for a walk.

Keith.
mobile: 0428 163 970 for address details.

Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks"here---
Since the aircon accident I am considering renaming the Winne.
The Mazda motorhome I previously owned was named "MAZDA-BATOR".
To keep in line with the trend, I think a suitable name for the Iveco would be "FAR-CANAL" which is what I said when I heard the noise it made when I drove under the Shell awning.

Keith.
[ I'm now expecting a letter from Dot]

Dot

Post by Dot »

Keith Morris wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 pm "tanks"here---
Since the aircon accident I am considering renaming the Winne.
The Mazda motorhome I previously owned was named "MAZDA-BATOR".
To keep in line with the trend, I think a suitable name for the Iveco would be "FAR-CANAL" which is what I said when I heard the noise it made when I drove under the Shell awning.

Keith.
[ I'm now expecting a letter from Dot]
No letter from me Tanks but I might send you a congratulations card for passing my course. "How to try to offend" :lol: :lol: Now I dare you to get those names printed .... calling Lance ;) ;) ;) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

How about "Air today gone tomorrow" or "Far Que Awning Warning" or "Need a new Air Con? Enquire Within ;) "
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO