Bruce/Norman's Iveco

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BruceS
Site Admin

Bruce/Norman's Iveco

Post by BruceS »

OK, I have a couple of photos as I go....
Grill off.
Bumper off.
Aftercooler off.
openup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Re: Bruce/Norman's Iveco

Post by BernieQ2 »

Bit like the Isuzu Bruce you have to go in from the front to change the number plate light ?
Bernie .
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

What you doing Bruce??????
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Norman didn't you ever pull things apart just to see how they work?
BernieQ started it so I thought I'd join in as well! :lol: :lol:
Power steering lost it's oil so I reckon I'll do the timing belt while I'm at it.
Not going to worry about the air conditioning I think. Did it ever work for you? :?:
How's the weather over there? Stop sending it over here will you please!! ;) :D
Been fishing lately?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Thats work Bruce, Should be sailing down the river. Or up! what ever.I had the a/c re-gassed a month or two previous to driving to Mannum so did work but not too brilliantly. have not been fishing for a while.Been busy setting up a new club. Ours has gone to the pack, they only interested in the $$$$.Not a club anymore.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Sounds familiar Norman, as soon as a club gets big enough for the power hungry to take an interest the whole original club aims go out the window and it turns into a money making base for those who couldn't/wouldn't do it using their own money.

As far as difficult to work on vehicles, when it comes to anything to do with the motor, this Mitsubishi Fuso T Drive would top the list. I can't even imagine what sort of job replacing the exhaust manifold studs would be, certainly not one I'd volunteer for, resealing the leaking side cover that is under the exhaust manifold would top it as far as difficulty goes because the alternator would need to come out again and that requires the radiator to come out. It took the owner a full day to replace the tappet cover gasket even after all the inside covers were removed because the motor is mounted east/west and the exhaust side is up against the inside floor where it slopes down to improve the useable area inside the bus. To add to the difficulty level, the whole bed and side wardrobes are a locked together construction so any attempt to remove them would result in the destruction of at least part of it. It took 3 full days to get enough removed and some cut away to get the access panels out. The electrics are in a world of their own.... and no wiring schematics available
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Well I can't (as yet) get the balancer off. 3/4" drive with handle on chassis & hit starter won't budge it. :lol: 8-)
Went on with power steering pump.
Obvious fault there!!! :evil: :twisted:
stuffedseal.jpg
closeseal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Yep. That little bit of stuffed lip seal will be enough to let the fluid out. At least you have good access to yours. Poor old Bernie has got to crawl around and under his bus. Give the starter a bit more swinging distance, to get a bit more speed up.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Left hand thread?

is there an iveco forum?
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Forum yes but the only advice I could find there was to do the 'hit the starter' trick. (which failed so far)
http://ivecoforums.com/forum/55455/
Not a lot of activity over there though.
There is a tool to lock up the flywheel but probably only for dealers.
BruceS
Mannum, SA