Who pulled the plug?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BruceS
Site Admin

Who pulled the plug?

Post by BruceS »

Well it's that time again that I needed to put the houseboat up on the slip for some care & loving!!
We're allowed to sleep onboard while here so it is good but feels funny not moving with the breeze.
T1 & Dibsy popped in today to say g'day & wouldn't you believe it, I had a spare roller or 3!!!
Thankyou so much fella's .... much appreciated. 2 hours instead of 6 for me. :evil: :twisted:
It did cost a fair bit though!! Emptied my beer fridge & took my Holden Captiva with them as they drove out!!
A little more to do with plumbing & then back to Mannum (from here... Murray Bridge)
No car.
No beer.
No money ....
Oh well, you can't take it with you, can you?? ;) 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: Who pulled the plug?

Post by Dot »

What a pair of rat bags those two boys are, :lol: wonder if they got pulled up on their way home?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Mr musk from lithium factory✅✅✅
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

those captiva's haven't much of a rap anyways :lol:
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

bagmaker wrote:those captiva's haven't much of a rap anyways [emoji38]
Has now. [emoji23]
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yep! The driver reckons the tacho went to 8300 & he thought that was cruising revs!!
Nope! Not the dragway Terry!! lol :lol: :shock: :o
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Those would-be Holdens sure use a lot of fuel, getting down towards half a tank just coming home from Murray Bridge and Bruce says he filled it up before we left :shock: I do like the cruise control though, a lot easier to use than the Prius unit although 100km/h seems to be an effort for it to maintain without dropping back a gear every time it sees a hill. I'll make sure there is enough fuel left to get it back to the marina ready for your arrival ;)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

BruceS wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 pm Well it's that time again that I needed to put the houseboat up on the slip for some care & loving!!.......edit
T1 & Dibsy popped in today to say g'day & wouldn't you believe it, I had a spare roller or 3!!!.......
Thankyou so much fella's .... much appreciated. 2 hours instead of 6 for me.......edit
Emptied my beer fridge & took my Holden Captiva with them as they drove out!!.......
No car.
No beer. :D
No money ....
Oh well, you can't take it with you, can you?? ;)
Bruce, I think that Slim Dusty wrote a pretty famous song about a pub in a similar situation.
And you're right, you can't take it with you. Not sure about T1, but Dibsy would be a safe investment wouldn't he?
After all, you don't get called Dibsy for nothin' do you? :D :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Gotta love those trick fuel gauges, hopped in last night to take the Captiva down to the Marina and the fuel gauge read full again :? but by the time we reached the marina it read 3/4 and still falling :roll: Apart from being gutless at low revs it is a nice car to drive, don't know if the lack of down low performance is tuning problem or just the way they are.

Bruce didn't mention he doesn't drink beer did he ;) we got to drink beers we had left behind on previous visits :lol: All the hard work had already been completed, we just had to paint the tar stuff on and that was an easy job in the heat ..... although I do have rust proofed shoes now and the marina slip way has a bit of rust proofed concrete :oops:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

T1 Terry wrote:Gotta love those trick fuel gauges, hopped in last night to take the Captiva down to the Marina and the fuel gauge read full again :? but by the time we reached the marina it read 3/4 and still falling :roll:
Must be in the centre of the tank and averages an erroneous reading when the fuel surges to the front, the back, the left, the right... or all the possible and seemingly impossible combinations thereof.
[emoji6]