Exhausting Weather = A fan...

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Vik351

Exhausting Weather = A fan...

Post by Vik351 »

80 % humidity here in Adelaide at the mo... :o :( :?

Never like this normally which made me reach for the Shurflow Fan like the one I had in my old Espie,BUT... the new Espie aint got one...

Just a hatch in the roof with a winder...!!! :evil:

OK... Dr Google to the rescue, look up Shurflow fans, mostly doom and gloom, looks like my 2010 model was old school and still worked fine... once ya finished your Uni degree on how to work out the remote... :shock:

It did all the cool things,all remote, temp setting, rain sensor ,set and forget...

Well next cab from Dr Google ...Maxx air, same sort of model with the same doom and gloom 007

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-0007000K ... B003ZOF09Y

So buggered if I know, looks like foomanchoo makes em all in his spare time and they are all crap...!!!

The Espie has the cool louver windows that lets in a good breeze... but like now, there aint one...!!!

What have you folk done...???

prolly would go for this baby if one at all...???

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-F ... 7500K.html

vik...???
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
pet-els

Re: Exhausting Weather = A fan...

Post by pet-els »

Don't forget where the solar panels have to go.

PeterH
PeterH
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

pet-els wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:53 pm Don't forget where the solar panels have to go.

PeterH
The useless wind up hatch is there already, like now, I cant open it cos it's raining, there is no breeze, the shower fan is smaller than the one in my pweter I'm sure...!!!

The AC doesnt have a fresh air flick
https://www.etrailer.com/question-175899.html

Is 5 amps heaps...??? :o :o :o

Better off runnin the AC then... :shock: :shock: :roll:

vik... :?: :?: :?:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

So if I go for a fan to replace the hatch... where does one get the power from...???

lookin too hard ... :( :shock: :?

vik... :|
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Solar😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

Terry could run you a wire when he's cabling the panels. Alternatively, you could fit a fan to push air into the cabin and use the basic roof vent to allow it to exit.

Cheers, Steve
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Hi Vik,
I got one of these the other day, its still in the box though, have only tried it on the bench

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Caravan- ... 2749.l2649

seems pretty good, cheap enough, the remote is a bit funny but not a deal breaker. Tried the rain sensor function and works as its supposed to. Only closes though, doesnt re-open when the sensor dries off. Fan is really powerful and multi speed. I only bought it because I am too much of a tightwad to get a 3350 Maxxair one :lol:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Is this the vent you have fitted the vent cover on? We bought a "Fantastic" fan vent and fitted the "Maxxair" vent cover over it so it could remain open rain, hail or shine. We did discover the air rushes in through it if open when traveling, not venting out of it like I hoped it would, not ideal when traveling on dirt roads or when it's raining and the thing is mounted over the bed :twisted:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm Is this the vent you have fitted the vent cover on? We bought a "Fantastic" fan vent and fitted the "Maxxair" vent cover over it so it could remain open rain, hail or shine. We did discover the air rushes in through it if open when traveling, not venting out of it like I hoped it would, not ideal when traveling on dirt roads or when it's raining and the thing is mounted over the bed :twisted:

T1 Terry
Na mate, the vent cover is on the dunny hatch which doesnt have a fan, I got it to leave the hatch open all the time as well, but by the sounds of it...??? Hmmm...

The fanless hatch is in the main body of the Espie, the one behind the AC

Took the internal shroud tingo off in hope of finding some pre wired package there :D yea right...!!! sweet zilcho...

I aint gunna run wires on the roof for it or on the ceiling that are visible, so looks like that is that unless I get a new roof and get a wire put in then...!!!

Yea right, thats gunna happen...!!!

vik... :roll:
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

bagmaker wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 pm Hi Vik,
I got one of these the other day, its still in the box though, have only tried it on the bench

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Caravan- ... 2749.l2649

seems pretty good, cheap enough, the remote is a bit funny but not a deal breaker. Tried the rain sensor function and works as its supposed to. Only closes though, doesnt re-open when the sensor dries off. Fan is really powerful and multi speed. I only bought it because I am too much of a tightwad to get a 3350 Maxxair one :lol:
My first shurflow was like that, thats why I dont want the rain sensor, this one dont need it

https://campaddict.com/rv-roof-vent-fan/

if I ever got one... :( :( :(

vik... :|