Fuso MJ527

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
sunnykids

Fuso MJ527

Post by sunnykids »

I have considered selling the 5'r and getting a small motorhome for some time now as our big trips are over and smaller ones are now the go. In a moment of weakness this week I bought a Fuso MJ527 project. Some of the hard work is done, Flat floor, roof raised for 2.1m clearance, double flat windscreens to replace the single screen, water/black/grey tanks installed , Dometic centre door & windows etc. Still needs internal fit out. Having installed solar & LifeP04 with Terry's guidance, I will be doing same on the bus but probably 24v this time.
It seems that information on these suckers is hard to find. If anyone can help with contacts, workshop manuals etc it would be much appreciated.
Bus is 7m, air bag suspension, 7L (6D16) 6spd manual. Currently WA registered as a 1B2 ($794 yr)
Now, just need to sell the 5'r & Veco
John
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Fuso MJ527

Post by T1 Terry »

Is it one of the models that needed to be stretched to get the overhang sorted? Or one of the models with the East/West rear engine and "T" drive via the chain from clutch housing to gearbox input on the drivers side of the engine?
If it is the East/West engine model, make sure you build in full access to the top of the engine and front side from inside the bus as doing a tappet cover gasket, side cover gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, alternator etc becomes a huge job. As far as the electrics, there is absolutely no wiring diagrams or information available, I spent roughly a mth fixing an alternator problem on one and part of that time was drawing a wiring diagram of how all the bits that are linked into the alternator circuit work together to try and figure out why it didn't work.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi John, there is a great Mitsi Fuso motorhome group on the good ol facebook. They were great when we were having issues with our bus.. I don't think the 7mt bus's were subject to the o/hang worries plus if it already registered then it sounds ok. Our was a 9mt and we did the O/hang thing.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
sunnykids

Post by sunnykids »

Thanks Terry / Dot. Not sure Terry, is East West 6 cylinder, no overhang issue
Dot, is there any workshop manuals available? I requested to join the Spacebook group 3 days ago, still waiting, I think admin is on holidays??
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

sunnykids wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 pm Thanks Terry / Dot. Not sure Terry, is East West 6 cylinder, no overhang issue
Dot, is there any workshop manuals available? I requested to join the Spacebook group 3 days ago, still waiting, I think admin is on holidays??
When you open the boot lid are you looking at the belts and pulleys or the side of the motor?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

sunnykids wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 pm Thanks Terry / Dot. Not sure Terry, is East West 6 cylinder, no overhang issue
John there is a guy on there that has contacts, join up and just ask, pretty good lot.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
sunnykids

Post by sunnykids »

My apologies Terry, poor grammar, I meant when looking in from the rear it is an East West engine.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yep, that's the same as the one T1 had to wreck to get into it.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

does it have a chain drive between the engine and the gearbox?
sunnykids

Post by sunnykids »

Thanks Bruce, will make sure I have good access
Not sure about the chain drive, I know Mitsubishi used that technology on the older Pajero's so wouldn't be surprised. still trying to source a workshop manual. The dealer up here wants $80 for an engine manual on CD. Wouldn't mind if it was a hard copy but $80 for a CD is a bit rich?
There is a Facebook page for Fuso owners but still waiting to be added. Hopefully will get more information then.