Rebuilding a 1969 Franklin Mini

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Grandad

Re: Rebuilding a 1969 Franklin Mini

Post by Grandad »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:44 pmas you may have seen on Cabcars photo thread of horrors.
That thread was one of the strongest influences in my deciding NOT to buy a modern van in fact. Rogues Gallery, I think it was called.
T1 Terry also wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:44 pmI'll post a few photos on the Avida Stuff thread of how I did Vic's slide out battery and cabling through to where all the electrical stuff lives, might give you a few ideas.
Yes please. I look forward to seeing them

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Jim if you pop into you profile section you can add a few titbits to allow members to be 'better informed'....
I like the ability to add a Signature so every time you post it auito adds it to the bottom of your posts.
I've guessing the Franklin may be your Avatar as well?
I love the dedication your showing on the rebuild.
Just as a small matter of interest ..... I used to tow/deliver new Franklins from the factory to Adelaide & Port Augusta. The Port Augusta ones in them days went by rail to Darwin & Perth.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Howzat Bruce?
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

That's looking good! Maybe "Bendigo" or Central Vic? 8-) ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Jim, what an amazing job you have done so far. Looking forward to your next instalment. And BTW welcome to our friendly forum. :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

BruceS wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm That's looking good! Maybe "Bendigo" or Central Vic? 8-) ;)
Yes, I agree. That would be helpful Bruce, but I don't seem to have the option.
In the 'Edit Profile" section I see Interests, Occupation and DOB.
I just looked at your profile and can see your location.
I don't seem to have that option.

As that famous lady used to say..."Please explain?"

Jim

EDIT.....Ah Hah. Never mind. Found it! Buried down in the website, ICQ etc.
All good!
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 "I'll post a few photos on the Avida Stuff thread of how I did Vic's slide out battery and cabling through to where all the electrical stuff lives, might give you a few ideas."

I'd like to see those too...

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

vik351 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:08 pm T1 "I'll post a few photos on the Avida Stuff thread of how I did Vic's slide out battery and cabling through to where all the electrical stuff lives, might give you a few ideas."

I'd like to see those too...

vik...
So would I :lol: The Deloraine is in for a service so I can't zip ahead a few days to get a photo so I'll know how well it worked, so we'll just have to wait ;)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Pray tell... :o :shock: :? :?

WTHell is a deloraine ...???
images (1).jpg

vik...???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

I think he means DeLorean. As in, 'Back to The Future DeLorean"