Dont Buy A Peugeot

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Re: Dont Buy A Peugeot

Post by norman »

El Gringo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm Been getting Pug parts for my BIL from England.
1/3 of the price here via TNT air - here in Tas in under 5 days.
https://www.eurocarcare.net
Email them for prices and availability.
parts@eurocarcare.net
Cheers,
Parts are already on the way, due in a day or two. Thanks for the info, will keep them for future ref!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Happy to help, hope it works out for you.

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

All sounds a familiar story...
Took THREE MONTHS waiting for parts to be manufactured then sent from USA for Girt’s 2003 Chevy chassis.
Fortunately we have a friend working in USA who ordered, bought & shipped them to Oz.
So it’s not just Froggy engineering that’s the problem.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I bought a small accessory from a US car dealership Parts department because the particular item is not sold here. The dealership is not permitted to ship to outside USA, however, I provided a post box address in the US provided to me by Australia Post and, for a small fee, the parcel was delivered here at Glenelg in quick time.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

SteveW wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 am I bought a small accessory from a US car dealership Parts department because the particular item is not sold here. The dealership is not permitted to ship to outside USA, however, I provided a post box address in the US provided to me by Australia Post and, for a small fee, the parcel was delivered here at Glenelg in quick time.
So Aust Post have a US mailing address, how did you stumble onto that? I got caught up in the "Ship-it-to" thing, lost about $1500 and never received a thing, swore I'd never buy anything from the US unless they shipped direct and at a price that was sensible. Amazon is my guide for reasonable shipping costs, not there hanger on sellers but direct from Amazon warehouse stuff.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

360.00 for six inches of fuel line.
Thanks cummins...... :(
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

Was it a steel one Martin?
Peter and Sandra

Post by Peter and Sandra »

A few of us have been buying Cummins parts from this mob, very knowledgeable and helpful and if he doesn't know the answer will follow up quicksmart. https://www.partsdeal.com.au/
He will even email you parts diagrams if you ask to make sure that you are talking about the same bit.
Terry Auspost has had a US mail address for several years, I've only used it for small stuff so far though.
They also have some sort of deal in china as a lot of stuff I've bought from there has turned up within a week or so and only has Aust Post labels.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:35 pm
SteveW wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 am I bought a small accessory from a US car dealership Parts department because the particular item is not sold here. The dealership is not permitted to ship to outside USA, however, I provided a post box address in the US provided to me by Australia Post and, for a small fee, the parcel was delivered here at Glenelg in quick time.
So Aust Post have a US mailing address, how did you stumble onto that? I got caught up in the "Ship-it-to" thing, lost about $1500 and never received a thing, swore I'd never buy anything from the US unless they shipped direct and at a price that was sensible. Amazon is my guide for reasonable shipping costs, not there hanger on sellers but direct from Amazon warehouse stuff.

T1 Terry
https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

Have a read and see if it might suit your needs, Terry.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Thanks Steve, I'll check it out.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO