Kappy N Willow - The Adventure Begins.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Kappy

Re: Kappy N Willow - The Adventure Begins.

Post by Kappy »

Keith Morris wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 pm "tanks" here---Kappy:-

You had BETTER GET A FEW SETS OF "TYRE DOGS" on the wheels. [e-bay lookout] [tyre pressure monitoring system]
I suggest one set with a dashboard monitor for the "running gear" , and another set for the big box plant trailer, and the bike and the bike trailer, with
Bike comes standard with TPS, among other things, like A/C and a Cappuccino machine.
Cheers

Kappy

Growing older is inevitable, growing up is optional.
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

Keith Morris wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:26 pm
Newcastle George wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:40 am Kappy, speaking from experience, it would pay to carry more than one spare wheel and tyre.

George
"tanks" here---For each vehicle George ? Kappy better get another trailer for the spare tyres.
Keith
Got two spares for trailer, will take a punt on 1 for Bus, the coach I drove for a living only carried one spare.
Cheers

Kappy

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Kappy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 am
Keith Morris wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:26 pm
Newcastle George wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:40 am Kappy, speaking from experience, it would pay to carry more than one spare wheel and tyre.

George
"tanks" here---For each vehicle George ? Kappy better get another trailer for the spare tyres.
Keith
Got two spares for trailer, will take a punt on 1 for Bus, the coach I drove for a living only carried one spare.
they run just fine on one rear tyre, just ask George :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

Well finally on the road .

Left WAGIN yesterday morning around 0830, refueled at Dumbleyung cos diesel was $1.46.

Bus drove well averaged bout 80-85 km/h .

Refuelled at Esperance 1800 , Puma and RAC card $1.48.

Had a bee in my bonnet so continued on till about 1900 for a bit and feed Max and watch some telly.

Boxed on in the cool of the evening and camped up about 2030 at KUMARL.

Had a great sleep till Max woke me at 0500, mobile around 0630 and onward to Norseman for Fuel, tyre pressure check, coffee and Eastward bound.

Balladonia for a break and lunch.

Off again around 1300, was gonna stop at the Caiguna Blow rest stop but was pretty rugged, so on passed Caiguna to Gravel pit 9.8 k east of Caiguna.

Settled in bout 1600, chat with fellow travels in Caravan Mum, Dad and 2 girls heading back to Morning Peninsula.

Heaps of pics and Videos To edit for episode 2 of the Adventure.
Cheers

Kappy

Dot

Post by Dot »

Well done but remember to stop and smell the roses but NOT the bush rose type. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Congrats - that's a long drive over 2 days.

I reckon the hardest part when traveling by yourself is to actually stop and go for a wander. Had the same experience when coming home from Uluru to Melbourne.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--Kappy,
Good to hear that you are on-the-road.
Watch out for hitch-hikers, and only pickup the young ones, and don't let them drive the bus while you have a sleep !!!
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

Dot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:02 pm Well done but remember to stop and smell the roses but NOT the bush rose type. :lol:
Agree, but the Eyre Hwy is as boring as bat shit. Apart from the cliffs
20200219_181859.jpg
east of Border Village.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers

Kappy

Dot

Post by Dot »

Kappy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 pm
Dot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:02 pm Well done but remember to stop and smell the roses but NOT the bush rose type. :lol:
Agree, but the Eyre Hwy is as boring as bat shit. Apart from the cliffs20200219_181859.jpg east of Border Village.
If you want entertainment just stay in a spot that has lots of caravanners hovering around the smelly loos, very interesting to see what they get up to. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Kappy

Post by Kappy »

The Loo's at the Streaky Bay Island CVP are superb.

1st time I've seen communal ablution that has ensuite showers/dunny.

Highly recommend if in the Area.
Cheers

Kappy