Slight Clearance Problem

Photos from get togethers, events or just yourselves.
A short description may help explain the photo.
Greynomad

Slight Clearance Problem

Post by Greynomad »

Hi all,
Came across this designated "Bus Only" parking area in Loxton. There was another similar tree at my left elbow (note shadow), making egress almost impossible (much branch-scraping on Girt's side).
Bus Only.jpg
I'd have trouble getting a Porsche or a Ford GT40 under those branches, let alone Girt - or any size bus! (Even a SWB Coaster...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Slight Clearance Problem

Post by T1 Terry »

This is clearly a reverse park bus only spot designed to stuff up those with toads still attached :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Actually not suppose to reverse buses are you??
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Shirley wrote:Actually not suppose to reverse buses are you??
First I've heard of that rule Shirley, we certainly had to reverse park one as part of the test when working for the various bus companies as every bus in the yard was reverse parked. When using a bus as the drive vehicle to apply for a licence upgrade they not only make you do a reverse park in 3 moves without touching the gutter, but you also had to reverse close and parallel to the gutter for at least 100 mtrs
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Re: Slight Clearance Problemb

Post by Shirley »

We had friends that owned school bus runs & they said that you are not suppose to reverse buses on public roads?

I had to reverse park our Coaster M.H. When I sat for the LR licence.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The School bus one is a funny one, the reversing is more to do with running the kids over than a road rule as such.... more than once been tempted to back over a few back in my school bus driving days :lol: The crazy thing is the distance you are allowed to reverse, the rules say the minimum possible/practical, the testing officer completely ignores that one and wants you to reverse far more than necessary. I had a situation when I went for by heavy combination licence upgrade (thought I should make it legal) when the testing officer wanted me to back the truck and dog trailer parallel to the gutter back into a busy round about as the mums were picking up there kids from school. Twice I stopped and he said for me to reverse further, the third time I refused unless he stood behind the truck and direct traffic... we reach an impasse and he decide that it was my call regarding the safety of reversing further and we carried on with the rest of the test :lol: Still wonder if he was trying to make me reverse into a dangerous situation, they can be funny like that.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I've had to reverse from a cuppla camps because of inconsiderate campers .Last time had words with one that was going to block my exit , just asked him what time he arose cause next morning was gunna be real early , he seen the error to be in front of me and moved , told him about my air horns plus the 10 min of engine on to get air up .
I had the car attached makes for no reversing at times .
Bernie .
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bernie,
I've come across similar 'considerate' campers who want to snuggle up to Girt's nose.
One did not see the necessity to move, as there was plenty of reversing space behind us.
Next morning I fired up the diesel at 0630. At 0700 I knocked on his van door to tell him I was ready to move if he was. :D
He moved. :twisted:
I have yet to resort to air horns at 0600, but I'm prepared to do it if people are really obnoxious... ;)

I did have one vanner who parked across the dump point & fresh water tap, & would not move. (He did not need to dump. Just parked there!!)
Said I could walk the cassette to the DP.
When I explained we had a black tank which required pumping out & I needed access for my 3m hose his response was "Never heard of a black tank." & he walked off to do some shopping. :shock:
I was sorely tempted to empty the black tank over his shiny van & car. :twisted:
Or park across his nose with our toad alongside his tug, forcing him to reverse his van... :roll:
SWMBO persuaded me to go shopping with her and wait out the pr**k.

Anyone does that to me again, I will empty the tank over their rig!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Craig

Post by Craig »

When I sat my Queensland licence I had to reverse the HV around a corner and maintain 1 metre from the curb.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Busman

Post by Busman »

Had much the same in a Narrirbri CP last trip, showground was closed. Asked the guy in front when he was going, "when it suits me"
I explained that we were leaving before him, if he was out of the way there were no problems in us getting out, but if he was still there I could not guarantee that we would not remove the entire rear half of his caravan with our bullbar as it was so tight.
"when are you leaving, I think we can work with that" was the response
Called diplomacy I think ?
Size does matter (especially if you have a big bullbar)
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !