Supersparkie's b'day

jon_d

Re: Supersparkie's b'day

Post by jon_d »

Fortunately, Margaret is the driver and she mostly remembers the way .... As far as remembering phone, keys, glasses .... we are on about a par :lol: I am thinking about writing my name across the top of the mirror as a prompt each morning .... but I was concerned that it might confuse Margaret .... tried it across the forehead, but I kept writing my name backwards
Wouldn't it make more sense to write your name on Margaret's forehead ?
Then, you'll realize/remember who she's talking to.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:07 pm
Fortunately, Margaret is the driver and she mostly remembers the way .... As far as remembering phone, keys, glasses .... we are on about a par :lol: I am thinking about writing my name across the top of the mirror as a prompt each morning .... but I was concerned that it might confuse Margaret .... tried it across the forehead, but I kept writing my name backwards
Wouldn't it make more sense to write your name on Margaret's forehead ?
Then, you'll realize/remember who she's talking to.
But then I risk calling her Terry and all sorts of issues arise then :lol: The 'simple completely ignoring like I didn't hear her talking' method so she yells "Terry" to get my attention, works great when I can't remember my name .... still working a solution for not remembering her name ...... but then there are a lot of quite funny joke along those lines, so it seems I'm not alone on that one :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

But then I risk calling her Terry and all sorts of issues arise then
I was going to suggest writing 'my name is Terry' but I was thinking the font would be to small for you, and also, it would really confuse customers.

And then, even Margaret, when a perplexed customer first meets Margaret and confusingly reads out aloud, "my name is Terry". Imagine that, Margaret would be calling everyone Terry and you could get off scott free.

Somehow, I think this could work.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Sounds like the car factory where everyone's name was Bill, the new guy is shown around, when asked his name he said "Bruce" .... a look between the two bosses and one says "do you mind if we call you Bill, less confusion that way", they then go to the pull back shot and the sign says "Performance cars, built by Williams" ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:22 pm
But then I risk calling her Terry and all sorts of issues arise then
I was going to suggest writing 'my name is Terry' but I was thinking the font would be to small for you, and also, it would really confuse customers.

And then, even Margaret, when a perplexed customer first meets Margaret and confusingly reads out aloud, "my name is Terry". Imagine that, Margaret would be calling everyone Terry and you could get off scott free.

Somehow, I think this could work.
It just sounds more confusing now .... like when Margaret yells "can you call the cat Terry" when I reply that the cat will just ignore me because that's not the cat's name .... I just get a rolled eye thing ....