C5 vaccinations

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
native pepper

C5 vaccinations

Post by native pepper »

This is probably for Dot. We have to go to Aus late October for a festival and can't take out dogs as we won't be taking the bus and here are no facilities at the festival for them. So we have decided to put them into a kennel for 4 days close to the festival and we need to have them C5 vaccinated.

I have never vaccinated any of my dogs and am not inclined to, however this may be necessary this time and after checking C5 vaccinations on the web, still don't have a clue about them or any side effects they may have. All the sites are commercial vets ones and they don't seem to want to reveal what these vaccinations contain and any side effects. So if Dot or anyone else can enlighten me, It would be greatly appreciated. Have yet to find out the cost, but expect it to be exorbitant.
GoinBush

Re: C5 vaccinations

Post by GoinBush »

They will be fine and all kennels require them. It includes protection against kennel cough which is pretty nasty. Once vaccinated, you don't have to keep doing it, unless you want them to stay at kennels again.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi NP are you able to have a reliable person go to your place and feed / play with them while you are away?? If you have a local vet sometimes one of the girls will do that job for you but every kennell has to sight all animals vac papers else no entry. Please don't go to a cheap under the radar place they are deadly.. If you join the Greencross vet mob their vacs are free but will cost you that in joining fees (just about) OR Have a chat to Sue at the Vets all natural free call number or you can fire off an email to the boss Dr Bruce Symes and ask for his advice... Sorry I don't have the ph number but this should get you there.. www.vetsallnatural.com.au
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Thanks Dot, we live a long way from people and all our friends live elsewhere. Green vets isn't in Tas, so no joy there. Was really just wanting to know what the C5 jab consisted of, but will ask the vet when we book them in.

Never left my dogs in kennels before, so this is new and hopefully the first and last time. We will only be over there for 5 days and think I can get them in not far from the festival, will be a big shock for them going from their comforts at home and in the bus, to a cage. Might wake them up a bit. Thanks again.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Where is the festival? My friends own a magnificent kennel near Geelong, can highly recommend.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Wrong way sadly, Wangaratta jazz and blues festival is where we are headed. Previously we'd be touring and finish off there, this time is a quick trip as we are home in Tas. The cost of moving us, the bus and trailer there and back on the ferry is close to $2000 for 5 days. Moving just us the dogs and the Sahara is about $600, and putting them in a kennel, $300 and our accommodation is provided free. In Tas putting them into a kennel is much more expensive, so we save a bit.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

NP, Our dog has his shot every year or two, can't remember exactly, but it is when the vet tells me. He has never had any obvious side effect. As others have already said, no certificate - no entry to the kennels. They claim it stops kennel cough, heartworm, lungworm and something else, probably ringworm. He has only stayed in kennels once before, second time will be this coming weekend. I just that he still loves me when I pick him up.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

We do C5 and annual heart worm. Has to be done if you use kennels.

With kennels, spend some time driving around doing inspections; look at the dogs there and see if they are ok. Choose a cold wet day to get the best/worst impression.

A good kennel will be happy to show off.
Dot

Post by Dot »

George will be getting drenched along with the cattle I think, his gut python is getting hungrier by the day and no road kill to be seen.. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Dot wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:58 pm George will be getting drenched along with the cattle I think, his gut python is getting hungrier by the day and no road kill to be seen.. :lol:
Oh you have such a way with words :lol: :lol: :lol: