What NOT to feed your Dog this Christmas

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

What NOT to feed your Dog this Christmas

Post by Dot »

Christmas is nearly here, which means a beer for Santa, a carrot for the reindeer and lots of other treats for yourself. Its important to remember that lots of the treats you love at this time of year aren't necessarily great for your pets. Below are some foods to keep away from your pets this Christmas.

Chocolate and sweets.
Most of you know that the chemical in chocolate (and cocoa) is toxic to cats and dogs. The darker the chocolate the worse the effect. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhoea, hyperactivity, irregular heartbeat, tremor or seizures. Avoid all forms of candy, biscuits, chocolate and other sugary foods including those artificially sweetened.

Table Scraps and cooked bones
Rich fatty foods including fat trimmed from meat can cause mild indigestion or even pancreatitis in more severe cases. Avoid cooked bones as they pose a serious threat to your pet. Once cooked they can shatter and splinter causing puncturing or blockages of internal organs.

Beverages
Keep all beverages, especially alcohol out of reach from your pet as it can make them extremely ill and can be life threatening.

Plum Pudding, grapes and raisins
Grapes and raisins can sometimes carry a dangerous fungus. Not all grapes and raisins carry the fungus, but we advise you to avoid them in case you get a bad bunch! The good 'ol plum pudding is also toxic to your pet and must be avoided. Just think - the more for you!

Some healthy human treats that are safe for your pet
Some human edible foods are fine for your pet. Berries are a good healthy option. Many cats like cantaloupe and zucchini. Nuts (except macadamias) and peas are also a great nutritional treat for your pet.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BillieBlue

Re: What NOT to feed your Dog this Christmas

Post by BillieBlue »

Good advise Dot,gotta look after our fur babies. ;) ;) ;)
Billie Blue
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Some healthy human treats that are safe for your pet
Some human edible foods are fine for your pet. Berries are a good healthy option. Many cats like cantaloupe and zucchini. Nuts (except macadamias) and peas are also a great nutritional treat for your pet.
I had a cat that would get down right nasty if he smelt rockmelon and he wasn't getting a serious serving just for him, but I'm yet to see a dog or cat that will eat peas, I'm sure they sense you are trying to slip a pill in their food and they will single them out and leave them in the bowl :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Lance

Post by Lance »

Our Maltese Molly loves peas.
Anne cooks extra for her most nights if we have them.
Not a lot, probably a smallish handfull.
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

All my mutts have eaten peas... ;)

And all the other crap on the list and lived to tell the tale...

Everything in moderation including moderation...!!!

vik... bully guts...!!! :twisted: :lol:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v63 ... wopigs.mp4

Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

vik351 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 pm All my mutts have eaten peas... ;)

And all the other crap on the list and lived to tell the tale...
All I can say to this comment of yours Vic is your animals have been very lucky with your playing Russian roulette with their health.
Everything in moderation including moderation...!!!

vik... bully guts...!!! :twisted: :lol:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v63 ... wopigs.mp4

Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.